Starting the new year with a bang is on several people's minds, but a girl's trip to kick off January 2023 is one of the best ideas. It can be a great time to embark on an adventure of a lifetime with your besties, especially when the tariffs are so low this month. If you’re looking for expert travel tips right before your mini vacation, here are five tips to help! Curious to know what they are? Let’s get prepping!
- Decide your travel budget and goals: It is an extremely healthy practice to decide what your individual and collective travel budget would be. This will help you include those friends who may not be able to spare much but still want to travel on a budget while protecting the funds of the friends who wish to splurge. Keeping a balanced budget along with a detailed travel goal will help you keep all the expenses under control
- Decide your outfits if you want color coordination: Everyone looks forward to the aesthetic pictures of the gang together, but it requires effort. Before you all start to pack, make a joint list so that you don’t overpack and carry unnecessary items. Next, decide the outfit styles and colors you’ll be donning so that nobody looks like the oddball!
- Carry your entertainment with you: If you wish to make your girl's trip a bit more fun by consuming edibles or other concentrates, make sure you carry them with you. The stores at your tour destination may be expensive or not have your preferred brand, which can be a downer. If you all use a vape pipe, make sure to keep extras so that you never run out of battery or juice on your trip.
- Establish your code and safe word before you travel: There should be a girl code every time you go out and explore new places, so decide the rules before you leave. This also acts as a safety net in case one of you feels unsafe and wishes to not be left alone even though individual plans may be made on the trip. Talk about the rules so that everyone holds on to them, for instance, informing each other whenever you’re stepping out alone, posting your live location on the group, and so on.
- Start a Whatsapp and Splitwise group to track details and expenses: When you’re touring with your friends, there are several tickets, bookings, locations, and instructions that may come up. Create a chat group where you can add all of these and the pictures of your ongoing trip conveniently. Also, make sure you have an app that can note and split all expenses based on who paid to ensure financial clarity.
Last but not least, if you want all your girls to have a great trip with positive memories, you’ll have to learn to be flexible with timings. In every friend group, some are extremely punctual, while the rest may not be so. This can create some delays and push back your plans if you’re marking all the events to run extremely close. Instead, leave some buffer between places, events, and plans so that delays do not derail your trip and cause you stress!