Maintaining smooth, beautiful, and healthy hair should be an essential part of your daily routine. Whether you have straight or curly hair, your locks can be a great asset that can transform your life. So better unlock your crowning glory’s full potential by following the tips below.
1. Pre-Mold Your Hair In Style
If you want to create a beautiful shape and attain body and twist for your hair, pre-mold it with style using one of the best hair dryers. Using a hair dryer is effective in reducing frizz, creating a natural shape, and achieving the volume you want for your hair.
Here are some tips when blow-drying hair:
- While your hair is still damp, blow dry your hair, following the direction of the hair’s growth.
- Get the best results by ensuring even heat and air distribution when blow-drying your hair.
- Avoid burning your hair or scalp by keeping your blow dryer in motion.
- You can use the attachment or nozzle that comes with your hairdryer to direct airflow in the right direction. By doing so, you can target the hair areas you want to blow dry, creating less mess.
- If you have curly hair, hold the hairdryer farther away instead of using a nozzle to avoid frizz.
2. Straighten Your Hair Properly
If you want to transform your curly or wavy hair into straight, gorgeous looking hair, hair straighteners are your best friend. If you’re in the mood to transform your look, straightening your hair will surely do. Don’t hesitate to try this hair styling tip to unlock your hair’s maximum potential. Using quality hair straighteners, hair products, and straightening techniques, will help you achieve a stunning straight look without damaging your hair.
Here’s how to properly straighten your hair:
- Wash And Dry: Get the best results by washing your hair first. Straightening works more effectively on freshly washed hair. Dry your hair gently, apply a heat-protectant, and blow-dry to dry the roots first and then the length, helping pre-straighten your hair. Work with tangles using a paddle brush.
- Spray Heat Protection: Every time you straighten your hair, make sure to apply heat protection evenly. This helps lock in moisture and prevents dry and frizzy hair. Avoid applying heat protection to the roots to avoid a greasy look. Instead, hold the can six inches from your head and spray.
- Divide Your Hair And Straighten: Divide your hair into three sections. Set the temperature of the hair straightener according to your hair type.
Follow these guidelines for different types of hair:
- Fine hair should use 200 to 300 °F (93 to 149 °C) temperature.
- Meanwhile, thick hair can handle up to 350 to 400 °F (177 to 205°C).
- If you have average thick hair, use 300 to 350 °F (149 to 177 °C).
Start straightening an inch away from the hair roots using smooth movements. Straighten hair strands (1 to 2 inches wide) and not more than 0.50 inch thick. If your hair is starting to sizzle or you see steam, stop and dry your hair completely, then resume straightening your hair.
3. Braid Your Hair
Braids are not just for queens and princesses in fairy tale stories. If you want to look more elegant and feminine, then braiding is a great way to style your hair, bringing out the best in you. Celebrities like Rihanna and Kylie Jenner love to wear braids because of the promising transformation they can achieve with this everyday hair look.
There are many braid styles, such as the crown braid, boho fishtail, the Dutch braid, ponytail braid, and headband braid. Choose the best braid style for the day, depending on your mood and wardrobe.
4. Use the Right Hair Products
More often than not, people tend to change brands of hair products because of seeing the latest trends or seeing their favorite celebrities endorsing a new brand in the market. However, you should not only rely on these factors. Choosing the best products to clean and maintain your hair is important. For this reason, take into account the ingredients and your hair type, among other factors that can affect your health and safety. Moreover, always read the label and compare different hair products to know the difference.
5. Give Your Hair a Treat
When was the last time you had a hair treatment? Does your hair look frizzy and dry? Treat your hair. Pamper your hair with a keratin treatment or any other hair spa treatment you can think of. This is a great way to bring back the beauty and health of your dull and dying hair.
Whether you want straight, curly, or braided hair, or wear any hairstyle, always remember to use the right hair products and techniques to avoid damaging your hair. Invest in a high-quality hairdryer, hair straightener, and shampoo and conditioner to keep your hair glamorous and healthy. Of course, don’t forget to treat your hair once in a while for special pampering you truly deserve.