This holiday season, we’re rethinking the way we shop and celebrate. If 2020 has taught us anything, it’s that we have to find ways to do things better, not just for each other but for future generations too.
So, to end a year like no other, we’ve curated a Christmas gift guide of luxury fashion finds that don’t just look good but also do good for the environment. Because truly great fashion, doesn’t have to cost the earth.
Fashion is all about self-expression, and we can’t think of a better way to kick off our eco-conscious guide with Ganit Goldstein’s 3D-printed collection. Goldstein makes one-of-a-kind pieces using repurposed factory waste, producing a collection that brings together art and sustainability in one stylish bundle. Is this the fashion of the future? We certainly think so.
We also love this printed jumpsuit from sustainable fashion brand OMNES and gold ring from carbon-neutral jewellery brand Pyrrha. Omnes’ goal is to avoid having any garments reach landfill and so receives high-marks for offering conscious wardrobe staples without sacrificing on style.
Yatay’s colourful ‘No More Plastics’ sneaker range was developed using sustainable materials and offers plenty of charm. For each trainer purchased, the brand plants a tree and has absorbed more than 55,000 kgs of CO2 since its launched. Yatay encourages customers to recycle old sneakers too, which is certainly a step in the right sustainable direction.
1. Refream Outfit made with recycled factory waste by Ganit Goldstein available for made to order at https://ganitgoldstein.com/
2. Printed Jumpsuit by Omnes available at https://www.omnes.com/
3. Gold Ring with inscription by Pyrrha available at https://pyrrha.com/
4. Printed Scarf by Shaku available at https://shaku.co.uk/
5. Helena Christensen ‘No More Plastic’ Trainers by Yatay available at https://www.yatayatay.com/uk
We are basically in love with everything at Arddun Store. Arddun opened in Harvey Nichols in August 2020 and offers a curated range of ethical and sustainable fashion, home, skincare, and accessories brands. We’re looking at this lovely matching set from Lonely Lingerie and this colourful throw pillow from Utopia Goods to spruce up our lockdown décor.
Living a conscious lifestyle goes beyond what you wear, but also how you take care of your wardrobe. The Lab Co. offers plant-based laundry products that are kind to skin and the environment, and we’re all for it!
Larq offers the world’s first self-cleaning water bottle and uses UV-C LED technology to neutralise 99.9999% of bacteria and we can’t think of a better COVID-era gift. Not to mention, the brand also does wonders to help end single-use plastics water bottles.
Pinko and British designer Patrick McDowell have teamed up to launch the ‘Reimagine’ collection, which features the brand’s signature glam aesthetic, albeit with a focus on sustainable and ethical design practices. The collection uses repurposed deadstock fabrics to help close the loop on fashion.
Mary Benson is another London designer who uses deadstock fabrics and offers a wonderfully charming range of clothes and accessories. The brand has also released a collection of customisable Christmas stockings for the holiday season and we are appropriately obsessed.
6. Yellow ‘Shelby’ Longline Bara by Lonely Lingerie available at https://arddunstores.com/
7. Yellow ‘Shelby’ High Waist Brief by Lonely Lingerie available at https://arddunstores.com/
8. Sports Wash by The Lab Co available at https://www.thelabco.com/
9. Black Oversized ‘Reimagined’ Tee by Pinko x Patrick McDowell available at https://www.pinko.com/en-gb/
10. Seaside Mint Self-cleaning Water Bottle by Larq available at https://www.livelarq.com/shop
11. Lucille Velvet Frill Bag by Mary Benson available at https://www.marybenson.london/woman
12. Martini ‘Reimagined’ Trench Coat by Pinko x Patrick McDowell available at https://www.pinko.com/en-gb/
Aligne is a contemporary eco-label that offers well-made basics that are made ethically and transparently, making for the perfect guilt-free Christmas gift.
We’re also dreaming of Jewellers Loupe’s range of fair-trade jewellery pieces, particularly this Trust double-band stacking ring with a Rose Quartz gemstone. Jewellers Loupe is s West Yorkshire-based jewellery brand that offers wonderfully timeless pieces at affordable price points.
Yardley London is celebrating its 250th anniversary this year and we think their colourful, plastic-free gift sets, featuring 95% natural-origin products, make for the perfect stocking fillers.
Finally, we don’t go anywhere without our beloved Dr. PawPaw multipurpose balms this winter (or any winter for that matter). So this year, we’re upgrading our Dr. PawPaw gear with the brand’s new ‘Prep & Party’ Set.
13. Amber Pocket Hoodie by Aligne available at https://aligne.co/
14. Anya Pocket Jogger by Aligne available at https://aligne.co/
15. Fairtrade Yellow Gold Trust double band stacking ring by Jewellers Loupe available at https://www.jewellersloupe.co.uk
16. Personalised Monogram Christmas Stocking by Mary Benson available at https://www.marybenson.london/woman
17. Farrow Bag by Sézane available at https://www.sezane.com/
18. Faux Fur Jacket by Baum und Pferdgarten available at https://www.baumundpferdgarten.com/uk/
19. Banksia Pink throw pillow by Utopia Goods available at https://arddunstores.com/
20. Contemporary Florals Body Fragrance Collection by Yardley London available at www.boots.com
21. Prep & Party Set by Dr. PawPaw available at www.asos.com