Gold, in all fairness, is a symbol of luxury. Almost all of us have seen ladies wearing bangles and necklaces made of gold at some point or the other in our lives, haven’t we? Well, of course we have. Gold is considered a status symbol. It brings to light a person’s financial well being. Getting to wear gold is a luxury. It’s a luxury that makes you realize how far you have come in life.
Interestingly, gold isn’t just used for making ornaments. Gold is edible. Yes, you heard that right. Gold is very much edible. It’s an expensive exercise, but the experience is totally worth it. Have you ever had gold for food? Well, if you haven’t then you need to try a few mouth-watering desserts right away.
Here’s a mouth-watering dessert that is garnished using gold. The dessert is named Raspberry macaroons with white mint ice cream and 23-ct. gold leaf. Well, here’s the recipe for you.
- Egg whites (90g)
- Icing sugar (180 g)
- Sugar (20g)
- Almond flour (100 g)
- Raspberries (500 g)
- Mint ice cream (300 g)
- 1 Edible gold Leaf
- Begin by mixing almond flour and icing sugar. Sift it until you obtain a homogenous powder.
- After you’re done, begin blending half of those raspberries. Make sure the raspberries are washed and cleaned thoroughly.
- Whip up the egg (whites) to a stiff peak by adding sugar gradually.
- Add flour powder and sugar in a bowl and mix it thoroughly.
- Lastly, add those blended raspberries
- Put a pastry bag to use and make a few small discs. Use a baking sheet with a parchment-paper covering to bake it in the oven. Bake it at 150 degree celsius for about 15 minutes.
- You can now start preparing the ganache by blending the remaining raspberries. Fill the macaroons once they are cool.
- Take a serving plate and create a bed using the remaining raspberries (blended). Place the macaroon over it.
- Cut raspberries and get some mint ice cream.
- Take a leaf from the booklet. Make sure you hold it using a tissue paper. Carefully place it on the surface that needs to be decorated.
- Here’s a delicacy for you if you happen to be a die-hard chocolate lover. Try the Sacher Torte with 23-ct. gold crumbs.
- For the cake:
- Egg yolks (4)
- Egg whites (3)
- Sugar (120g)
- Flour (70g)
- Butter (140 g)
- Dark chocolate (175 g)
- Apricot jam (200 g)
- Salt (just a pinch)
- cake yeast (half packet)
- Vanilla essence
- Edible gold crumbs
For the glaze:
- Dark chocolate (50 gr)
- Take 40g of sugar and mix it with salt, vanilla, and butter until the mixture turns creamy.
- Melt the dark chocolate.
- Start adding the egg yolks into the creamy butter mixture. Get the egg whites and whip them. Add 80g of sugar to a stiff peak.
- Add half of those egg whites into the mixture and fold.
- Then add the remaining egg whites stiff peak.
- Mix the creamy batter until it smoothens. Add half a pack of cake yeast.
- Pour the mixture obtained into a cake tin.Make sure it is buttered.
- Bake it at 140° in an oven for about 90 minutes.
- Once cooked, take it out and put it in a cake tin. Turn the cake tin turn it upside down. Then, let it rest for about three hours. Add some apricot jam over it. Decorate it using a few edible gold flakes/crumbs.
So, it’s time to taste gold. It’s an experience you would never want to forget. You can try and prepare these desserts on your own if you’re confident enough.
It’s time to dig in!!! Enjoy the luxury, folks