Here at House of Coco we are shopping addicts and don’t need an excuse to shop. However, the start of a university term is always a good excuse for students to splash out on some new outfits and reinvent their style. So, celebrity fashion stylist Karl Willett, known for styling and creating edgy, fun looks for a host of music stars, from Paloma Faith to Jessie J and Ella Henderson has teamed up with TK Maxx to show students how to create trendy, quality fashion looks, without blowing their budget.
Students may be on a tight budget but most still seek high quality, fashionable items, so to solve any fashion conundrums, Karl has compiled three outfits, as well as offering up his insider tips, as whatever your style, TK Maxx has something for everyone:
- Wear the Plain T– (male): A plain white or grey t-shirt should be a staple of every male student’s wardrobe. It’s an affordable item that can be teamed with a pair of skinny jeans and trainers for an effortless day time look or tucked into casual trousers with boots or shoes for a night out.
- Sparkle in Metallics – Metallics are a key trend this season. There’s no harm in adding a bit of sparkle in your wardrobe, whether separates or a full look, be confident and it will get you noticed at a party. Boys this can also work for you, add a touch or metallic tones to your wardrobe to add depth and texture to your look.
- Accessorise– Your student fund is running low, but you have a party to go to but nothing new to wear. Accessories are your new best friend and statement jewellery pieces are a must. These can transform an old outfit and add colour and excitement to a simple look.
- Invest in an oversized jumper– Oversized jumpers look great on girls, cosy and versatile. Wear it over jeans and flat shoes for a lecture, then belt it up, put on your heels, some fresh lippy and you’re ready for a night out.
- Turtle Neck– Turtle neck sweaters are a key trend for men this season and is a versatile must have. Throw it on with a fitted jean during the day or casual trouser at night.
- It’s all about the coat– Every student should invest in a good coat for the winter. It’s an essential piece of your wardrobe that you can hold onto for years. A coat should show your personality. This season is all about the oversized coat. So go for it, the bigger the better for this trend.
- Channel Sports luxe – Be bold and brave with sportswear and don’t be afraid to mix it up. Boys, wear your tracksuit pants with a shirt and smart overcoat, or track top with a smart pair of trousers and shoes. Girls, this can also work for you, make your gym wear part of your everyday by teaming it with pieces from your wardrobe.
- Never blend into the crowd– Being a student gives you license to stand out and be experimental in your style. Fashion is fun and doesn’t have to be expensive. You can find some great quality one-off pieces for affordable prices at TK Maxx. Be adventurous.
TK Maxx offers unique, quality fashion at up to 60% off the RRP and with new items and one off gems landing each day students don’t have to worry about copycats and can stand out from the crowd in style.