We won’t lie to you: St Patrick’s Day is one of the best for food and drink festivities – and 2022 is no exception. Whether you’re looking to see the day at your favourite local Irish bar – or you plan on cooking your own Irish stew feast at home, we’ve got your food and drink covered.
While historic celebrations centred around the “Feast of St Patrick” and involved eating a dish of bacon and cabbage post-church attendance, the more modern affairs typically include pints of Guinness and heartwarming Irish food.
However you’re celebrating St Patrick’s Day 2022, we want to make sure you’ve got all the information about where to source the best food and drink or how to indulge in your own creations at home.
Bethnal Green is home to the little gem that is Coupette. The neighbourhood cocktail bar is a favourite among both locals and other Londoners and will be celebrating St Patrick’s Day 2022 in true Irish fashion – with live music and whiskey. A regular host of live music performances from resident singer and pianist Nata, Coupette is also collaborating with The Busker Irish Whisky for the occasion. Guests can enjoy a specially curated Irish menu of £7 Busker cocktails, created by the award-winning Coupette bar team.
Tickets are £10 and include two free The Busker cocktails, available via Eventbrite.
To celebrate St Patrick’s Day, Honest Burgers has teamed up with Guinness to create an Irish-themed burger for the ever-popular monthly special. Consisting of a classic Honest beef patty, topped with candied bacon, Guinness fondue, Guinness beef and bacon gravy, crispy onions, rocket and pickles, this burger is certainly not one to miss. To truly get you into the spirit of things, every Honest Burgers restaurant will have Guinness MicroDraught available.
Teeling Irish Whiskey
Teeling’s St Patrick’s Day event takes place in the heart of Shoreditch, London – setting up at Milroys of Spitalfields. Running until Sunday 20th March 2022, the week-long takeover of London’s iconic whisky bar allows visitors to sample the range of spectacular whiskey on offer.
Teeling Whiskey will be taking over the cocktail menu in the downstairs basement, as it offers up a range of delicious cocktails – including the Teeling Highball, the Teeling Irish Coffee and a trio of whiskey tasting flights (available in 3, 4 and 5 whiskey flights). What’s more is that if you buy any bottle of Teeling Whiskey or Tasting Flight on St Patrick’s Day itself, you can get a free embroidered Teeling Whisky flat cap to wear all evening and for many days after too.
Crosstown is coming through again with the limited edition doughnuts – this time to celebrate St Patrick’s Day 2022. The doughnuts are created with Baileys Irish cream chocolate ganache, filled between two layers of chocolate Guinness cake doughnut and hand-dippe in Guinness icing – before being finished with Crosstown’s chocolate soil.
The perfect way to eat your way through St Patrick’s Day, the individual flavours of these doughnuts are available in-store, for collection and on-demand delivery. Gift boxes are available to pre-order nationwide.
The award-winning Northern Irish vegetable sides brand has just launched a series of delicious recipes for St Patrick’s Day. Should you be spending the Irish festivities at home, why not cook up your own feast, featuring a Marmite-Infused Cheesy Guinness Dip for your Mash Direct fries?
St Patrick’s Day Marmite-Infused Guinness Dip with Mash Direct Skinny Fries
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into 1/4-inch thin half moons
- 4 ounces Dubliner cheese, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- ¼ of a cup of Guinness
- 1 tbsp of mustard (any variety)
- 2 handfuls of freshly chopped chives
- 3 tsp of marmite
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 packs of Mash Direct Skinny Fries
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut a large yellow onion in half and then slice into 1/4-inch thin half-moons. Heat a 10-inch skillet on medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter and add in the onions. Toss to coat and cook slowly until golden and caramelized.
- Then, toss the onions into a bowl with the 8 ounces cream cheese, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 4 ounces of the Dubliner cheese, 1tbsp of Mustard, a handful of fresh chopped chives and salt and pepper.
- Pour in 1/4 cup of Guinness
- Next, stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a small-ish oven safe dish, with a dollop of marmite on top.
- Spread the dip evenly and sprinkle with the remaining Dubliner cheese. Slip the pan-o-cheese into your preheated 400° oven for 25 to 28 minutes or until the dip is golden and bubbly.
- Finish with a scattering of the fresh chopped chives to garnish.
- Allow the dip to cool for at least 10 to 15 minutes before you start dipping.
- Whilst the dip is cooling, place your Mash Direct Skinny Fries on a baking tray and cook as per pack instructions.
London cocktail bar Swift will be hosting festivities for St Patrick’s Day at both its Soho and Shoreditch locations. Famous for its signature Irisih coffees, this menu will run until Saturday 19th March and will feature Jameson Back Barrel and Guinness on tap for the week.
On St. Patrick’s Day itself, Swift Soho will celebrate with traditional Irish music from Alan Dunn and Jerry Bloom, while its sister in Shoreditch will be plating up a limited edition Jameson Black Barrel and Guinness Tiramisu – available for the day only.