Best weight loss strategies for food lovers

We are aware that a healthy diet is a key to weight loss. [...]

We are aware that a healthy diet is a key to weight loss. But if you are a food lover, it can be difficult for you to give up all of your favorite food. Just thinking of starting a diet stresses you out, so you are postponing it to every Monday. Do you want to stop procrastinating? What if we said to you that you could use weight-loss strategies to reach your goal weight without starving and giving up the food you enjoy.

When choosing a weight-loss strategy, you have to consider your ability to stick to it. Primarily, you have to consider your personal needs; there is no diet that will suit everyone. Some diet plans will not work for you, even if you heard that it worked for your friends, family, or anyone else. Think about methods you tried to lose weight, think about why you quit, and what did you dislike about them. Choose a diet plan you can afford; many diets are overly expensive to follow.  

Caution: Before trying any diet, you should consult the doctor first. Especially if you are underage or you have any health issues. 

Intermittent fasting

If you ever tried to lose weight, you must have heard of this method. Intermittent fasting is a technique of losing weight that focuses on when to eat and not on what to eat. It’s also called method 16:8 because the goal is to eat during the eight hours a day, then you make a pause from eating for the next 16 hours. During that pause, you can drink water, coffee, and lemonade; nothing else is allowed. Sixteen hours without food enables your body to rest. Scientists say that intermittent fasting helps us lose weight, but also it helps us slow the aging process. But it’s not that easy, and you can’t eat a lot of calories for eight hours. You have to change your diet a little bit for better results. For example: If you need to eat 2500 calories a day to maintain your current weight, try finding out how to eat 2200 calories a day. Eating fewer calories and intermittent fasting will surely help you lose weight.

80/20 diet

This diet allows us to eat our favorite food but in limited portions. The point is to eat healthy 80% of the time, and for the rest 20%, you can reward yourself with traits you love. If it’s hard for you to stick to your diet because you love food too much, this weight loss strategy is excellent for you. You won’t have to give up the food you like, and knowing you can occasionally eat it can motivate you to stick to your healthy diet..   

Choose healthier versions of the food you prefer.

You can easily make your meals healthier; the best thing about this strategy is finding a swap of your favorite food. For example: If you like to eat white bread, you can swap it for whole-grain bread. If you want to eat potato crisp, try eating rice crackers instead. 

Prepare your food more healthily.

Choose to air fry, bake or boil instead of frying or deep-frying your food. If you decide to fry food, choose grapeseed or avocado oil. When preparing the meat, remove skin, and don’t forget to add fresh vegetables or fruit to your meal for volume. 

Final thoughts.

Good nutrition is the most important thing when it comes to losing weight. We prevent the dangers of a fad diet, such as obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, and stroke, by eating healthy. Always choose a healthy, balanced diet that includes a variety of nutrients. Only that could help you be consistent and achieve results. 

More in…

Laura.Bartlett

More in ...

This Halloween the world’s first sleepless hotel, designed to guarantee every guest a terrible night’s sleep is set to open its doors. Guests staying at Kraken's horror-drenched Dread & Breakfast will be deliberately kept awake and subjected to a terrifying and terrible night’s sleep through crank phone calls, banging on the walls, blood-curdling screams and even uninvited visitors entering their rooms in the early hours.
19/10/2021
There are two types of people when it comes to halloween, those who hate being scared and those that love it. […]
Scroll to Top