Spice up your nog this festive season with Apple Pie Gin from That’s the Spirit. A beautiful blend of nine botanicals, including lemon myrtle, ginger and vanilla on a juniper base, this special gin brings notes of sweet apples, buttery pastry and warming cinnamon with every sip.
Apple Pie Nog
570ml whole milk
60ml double cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp nutmeg
Pinch of salt
120ml Apple Pie Gin
Apple slices, cinnamon, ground nutmeg, to serve
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Whisk together the egg yolks and 2 tablespoons of the sugar until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg whites and remaining sugar until peaks start to form.
- Combine the milk, cream, vanilla, nutmeg, and salt in a small pan. Gently heat until bubbles start to form.
- Remove the pan from the heat and quickly stir in the egg yolks. Add the Apple Pie Gin.
- Fold the egg whites into the nog. Transfer to two mugs and top with apple slices, cinnamon sticks, and a grating of nutmeg.