Easy and delicious with very little prep time, this no bake cheesecake is the dessert we all need right now.
400g chocolate chip cookies
580g cream cheese, softened
350ml whipping cream
1tsp vanilla extract
50g dark chocolate, chopped
100g extra cookies, to decorate
1) Blitz the chocolate chip cookies either in a food processor or by placing them in a sandwich bag and bashing them up with a rolling pin.
2) Melt the butter and stir in the cookie crumbs. Use the mixture to line an 18cm cake tin, taking the crust up the sides if you wish. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
3) Whisk together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, whisk the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture before gently stirring in the chopped chocolate.
4) Transfer the cheesecake mixture to the cookie base. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, ideally overnight.
5) When the cheesecake has set, decorate the top with the remaining cookies. Keep refrigerated and consume within 3 days.