So quick and easy, these fluffy, puffed up pancakes are layered with fried chicken and bacon for a savoury twist. I’ve used Sublime Chimichurri Butter, but you can use regular butter if you prefer. Pro tip: Cook the chicken in the oven and finish with a quick deep fry to keep the meat extra juicy.
135g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
2tbsp caster sugar
Pinch of salt
2tbsp Sublime Chimichurri Butter (plus extra, for frying)
Cooked smoked streaky bacon
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and salt.
- Melt the chimichurri butter and leave to cool for one minute.
- Whisk together the milk, egg and melted butter. Combine with the dry ingredients and whisk to form a stiff batter.
- Heat a little chimichurri butter in a pan set over a medium heat. Add a ladle of pancake batter and cook until the top starts to bubble. Flip the pancake over and cook for another 30 seconds. Remove from the pan and repeat.
- Layer up the pancakes with the fried chicken and bacon. Drizzle with maple syrup and serve immediately.