Pumpkin, Chickpea, Kale and Chorizo Soup.
Busy carving pumpkins for Halloween this weekend? Looking for a way to use up the last of that pumpkin? Try your hand at this scarily delicious Pumpkin, Chickpea, Kale and Chorizo Soup. This delicious hearty soup is a welcoming culinary cuddle, on a wet autumn day. This recipe has been created by Stefano Cifaldi, Head Chef at The Lodge on Loch Lomond.
1 kg diced pumpkin
2 red chillies
200g diced chorizo
1 tsp fresh oregano chopped
60ml olive oil
2 red onions
3 garlic cloves
Tin of chickpeas, drained.
1 litre chicken stock
Small bunch of parsley chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Combine pumpkin, chillies, chorizo and oregano in a large roasting pan, drizzle with a third of the oil, and season to taste.
2. Roast the pumpkin mix in the oven, turning occasionally until pumpkin is tender and caramelised. This should take approximately 45 minutes.
3. Heat the remaining oil in a pan with the onions and garlic, sauté these until tender. Add the chicken stock and kale to the pan and bring to the boil.
4. Coarsely crush the chickpeas with a spoon and combine with the roasted pumpkin mix and the chicken stock mixture. Add chopped parsley and parmesan.
5. Serve with crusty bread of your choice! Enjoy!