Because sometimes, only carbs will do…
Crispy, salty, creamy, all the good stuff. Use any toppings you wish, the more the merrier.
300g baby potatoes
100g cheddar cheese
3 rashers smoked streaky bacon
1 chilli pepper, chopped
50g mozzarella cheese
1tbsp chopped chives
3tbsp soured cream
Salt and pepper, to season
- Carefully slice the potatoes about 90% of the way through. I find it’s easier to place the potato in a wooden spoon before slicing.
- Heat the cutter and oil in a pan. Place the potatoes in the pan sliced side down and heat for 2 minutes. Turn and repeat.
- Transfer the potatoes to a baking tray. our the melted butter and oil over the top and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes at 200C/180C (fan)/gas mark 6.
- Fry the bacon and chop into small pieces. Remove from the pan and fry the chilli for 30 seconds.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before stuffing with the cheddar cheese, bacon and chilli. Sprinkle the mozzarella over the top and return the tray to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and top with soured cream and chopped chives. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.