Melbourne has been voted constantly as one of the greatest and the most liveable city in the world for many years now. What differentiates the city from any other city is its unique culture and buzzing creativity.The steady rise in the number of flights to Melbourne reflects the higher number of tourists and travellers who discover the joys of Melbourne.
Browse Emirates airlines flight booking and make the bookings to the great city and find out for yourself what the fuss is all about and what makes Melbourne so special. Well, you can look forward to an eclectic mix of adventure, dining, shopping, and events. There is something or the other going on in the city and if you are looking for a break, there are many getaways spots for a quiet weekend.
Here are some good reasons why you must visit Melbourne
- For the best gourmet food scene – Melbourne boasts of the most varied cuisines and Little Italy and Chinatown are well known for the famous delicatessens. Whether it is fine restaurants, pastries, coffee, artisan gelato, cheese cafés or noodles houses, there is something here to suit everyone’s taste and budget. You will never go hungry as its laneways and arcades are dotted with award-winning restaurants, trendy bars, famous cafes, and some fine chocolate shops.
- For the world-class venues and sports – Melbourne is the mecca for sports lovers, and it is because of the best venues for Rugby League, Australian Rules, Cricket and Tennis. Any sports fan would love to visit the AAMI Park, Melbourne Park, Etihad Stadium and Hisense Arena. Passionate sports lovers and loyal fans travel from afar to Melbourne to catch their favourite teams in action all through the year.
- For the great wildlife to watch – Phillip Island, Melbourne is loved by the animal and wildlife lovers because of the ample opportunities it offers to enjoy the wildlife. Go to Sutherland Beach to watch the penguins emerge and head home. The penguin parade is a great event and another animal that draws the tourists and locals is the Seal Rocks. October is the best month to spot the fur seals.
- For the frenzy of street art – Melbourne’s street art is world famous and one of the most vibrant in the world. Some of the must-see sights are in the Hosier Lane that is filled with sprayed, stencilled alleys. At every corner, you come across a technicolor brilliance. Go for a Melbourne Street Art Tour that is organised by the city’s top street artists to get a wider perspective on creative art and discover some of the hidden laneways of the underground art scene.
- For the festivals and events – Melbourne is well known as the cultural capital of Australia as it is brimming with live music venues, art galleries, and great museums. Countless festivals and events are scheduled throughout the year and on every possible field like food, sport, music, art, film and even events for kids. International musicals, comedy festivals, and blockbuster dramas attract thousands of peoples every year.
- For a great shopping experience- Melbourne is one of the few cities where you can shop till you drop. There are countless outlets and malls where one can look for designer bargains and great sales. One of the city’s popular tourist attractions is shopping at historic markets in Queen Victoria that are more than 130-year-old.
- For an enjoyable public transport system- In Melbourne, one can look forward to a stress-free holiday, because of the efficient public transport system. Take advantage of the traditional trams to move around and visit the hotspots.