Baking a super delectable cake to add sweetness to different celebrations is a must. With so many cakes blacklisted on your list as you have already tried those, you must be running out of options. Well, here we are with this cookies and cream party cake that is simply yummy and creamy. Let’s get started with the cake recipe.
For the Chocolate Sponges
- 300 ml vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 400 gm plain flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 400 ml buttermilk
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 130 gm cocoa powder
- 560 gm light brown soft sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 200 ml strong coffee or espresso
For the Icing
- 250 gm pack of slightly salted butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 600 gm icing sugar
- 280 gm tub full-fat cream cheese
- 10 Oreo biscuits
Recipe / Instructions
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees C. Oil and line two 20 cm cake baking containers with parchment paper.
- Put 200 gm flour, 2 tsp preparing powder, 8 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda, 1 tsp salt, and 280 gm light brown sugar in a bowl and blend well. If there are lumps in the sugar, press these through your fingers to split them up.
- Add 200 ml buttermilk, 150 ml oil, 100 ml espresso, and 2 tsp vanilla in a container. Include 2 eggs and blend until smooth. Empty the wet ingredients into the dry ones and blend until all mixed well.
- Pour the cake mixtures equally into the two baking containers, and bake for around 26 to 30 minutes until risen. Let them cool for 5 minutes and then invert it on the wire rack to cool totally.
- Repeat the above process to prepare two more cakes similarly so that you have a total of four cake sponges now.
- To make the icing, place the butter in a big bowl and filter half the icing sugar. Now crush along with a spatula, and blend with a hand blender until smooth. Include the cream cheese and filter in the rest of the icing sugar, crush together once more with the hand blender. Put the Oreos in a food processor and crush to fine crumbs. Add the biscuit pieces to the icing and blend again until mixed.
- To assemble the cake, place one of your cake sponge on a turntable with a tad bit of the cream cheese icing. Utilize half of the icing to stack the rest of the cakes on top, spreading the icing between each layer. Now use the remaining icing to cover the top, edges, and sides of the cake. Use a spatula to level the icing. Your cake is ready to serve. If you wish, you can refrigerate the cake and then serve.
So, that was the super easy cake recipe. You can bake this cake perfectly by following the instructions as mentioned above. If you can’t bake the cake, then send cake online to surprise your dear ones on different occasions.