Some of the biggest names in music are set to return to their hometowns for one-off performances at Aloft Hotels.
Aloft Hotels, loved by music lovers and known for its long-standing live music program, has partnered with Universial Music Group & Brands to create a special tour taking today’s most talked-about artists back to where their careers began.
Live At Aloft Hotels Homecoming Tour aims to give back to the fans that helped these music stars get where they are today by hosting unique performances in intimate settings within their hotels.
“As a travel brand, we want to bring breakout musical talent closer to their greatest fans by bringing them back to their hometowns. For our Marriott Bonvoy members, the Live at Aloft Hotels Homecoming Tour is going to be particularly special with once-in-a-lifetime experiences available through Marriott Bonvoy Moments, where they can bid points to get up close and personal with the artists,” said Toni Stoeckl, Global Brand Leader, Aloft Hotels and Vice President, Distinctive Select Brands for Marriott International.
The global eight-stop Homecoming Tour will feature performances from UMG artists at Aloft’s newest and most notable hotels located in some of the best music cities around the world, including Troye Sivan at Aloft Perth, Australia and Dermot Kennedy at Aloft Dublin City, Ireland (see full list at article end).
“Being able to return home and connect with my fans in Australia is always a really special experience for me and being able to return to my hometown of Perth where my musical journey began is truly magical. I couldn’t be more excited to be a part of Aloft’s Homecoming Tour and share my music with the community that shaped me and with music-loving travellers staying at Aloft,” said Troye Sivan.
Always looking to add innovative tech experiences to their hotels and live performances Aloft has collaborated with British ‘GIF-ITI’ street artist INSA to provide an interactive art experience that puts a new spin on the tendency for fans to film concerts on their phones.
INSA, who is regarded as “the next Banksy” due to his talent and anonymous persona, will be creating an augmented reality experience that evolves during the performers’ sets. INSA will be creating a dynamic stage design that will animate via his custom app, rewarding guests with the ultimate phone viewing and recording experience as they hold up their device to the stage. Exclusive merch featuring INSA’s artwork will be gifted to guests attending the event to take home as a memento.
How to Attend:
– Hometown Fans: Those looking to attend Live at Aloft Hotels Homecoming Tour performances should RSVP at alofthotels.com/homecomingtour. The guest list for tour stops at Aloft Madrid Gran Via and Aloft Dublin City will open six weeks prior to each performance (please note capacity is limited, RSVP does not guarantee entry and attendance will be on a first-come, first-served basis; guests must be of legal drinking age).
– Out-of-Town Fans: For those fans who are not local, or just want to guarantee getting up close-and-personal with the hometown star, limited-edition bookable hotel packages are available at www.alofthotels.com/homecomingtour
‘Live At Aloft Hotels Homecoming Tour’ dates:
– August 23: NJOMZA at Aloft Chicago Mag Mile (United States)
– September 15: Troye Sivan at Aloft Perth (Australia)
– October 3: Mala Rodriguez at Aloft Madrid Gran Vía (Spain)
– November 20: Dermot Kennedy at Aloft Dublin City (Ireland)
– Additional tour stops will include a performance by BANKS at a U.S. Aloft property (TBA), as well as other artist performances in Dubai, Shanghai and South America in late 2019/early 2020