Here at House of Coco we love a road trip and whilst we've clocked up some serious mileage in pretty much every car brand known to man, we have recently been exploring life in an electric vehicle. It's fair to say it comes with it's challenges but the pros far outweigh the cons.
So we were impressed to hear that, today, SIXT car rental has announced that Tesla cars are the latest to join their SIXT+ subscription fleet, adding to the wide selection of premium cars on offer. To mark the occasion, those subscribing to a Tesla for three months or more have the option to purchase a brand new ‘Tesla Tour’ package.
The limited-edition package includes three mystery journeys – one per month – taking the driver on a scenic tour to discover a surprise UK destination, filled with picturesque routes, adventurous activities and most importantly, electric charging points along the way.
The addition of electric vehicles comes on the back of the announcement of SIXT’s new sustainability programme to further accelerate CO2 reduction and demand for smart e-mobility. The electrification of the fleet forms just one component of the programme, which aims to inspire even more customers to experience sustainable mobility.
According to SIXT data across a range of their corporate companies, of those who are in the market to purchase a new car 40-50% will hire a rental car with the intention to test drive before buying. Meanwhile, one of the biggest barriers to buying an electric vehicle is whether they will last a long journey. Bringing the two together, SIXT has developed the ‘Tesla Tour’ package to allow customers to experience a Tesla without the commitment of buying, test the battery (safe in the knowledge they won’t be stranded) and have some fun along the way.
When purchasing the ‘Tesla Tour’ package, customers will start out by selecting the dates they would like to go on their adventures. Fast forward to the day of departure, customers will receive a packing checklist, including anything from goggles and a beach towel to hiking boots, as well as a list of postcodes to put into the car’s GPS. The postcodes will be made up of electric charging points, activities, and the final destination – a beautiful hotel for an overnight stay while their Tesla recharges.
From hikes in the Lake District to paddle boarding in Surrey, the activities will give drivers the chance to enjoy some of the country’s most stunning scenery and Instagram-worthy activities, all while their car battery is charging.
Tim Vetters, Managing Director of SIXT UK commented:
“Adding Tesla cars to our SIXT+ offering is a really exciting step, and we know our customers will think so too. But we love to go the extra mile and give our customers something to make the experience that much more special – and we think our Tesla Tour packages do just that. Subscribe to SIXT+ and choose a Tesla and get the chance to see the country and embark on adventures you may not have otherwise – what a brilliant way to make the most of your rental car!”
The Tesla fleet is available now for subscription via SIXT+. The SIXT+ subscription model allows for full flexibility, without long-term commitment or other contractual obligations. Customers pay a monthly fixed price and fuel costs without any additional charges, and can cancel at any time.
The ‘Tesla Tour’ package costs £800 and is available to customers subscribing to a Tesla for three or more months. The package includes three unique ‘Tesla Tours’ – each including one night hotel stay, route plan, and three activities along the way.
Top 10 activities for you to recharge.. while your car recharges:
- Lake Windermere, Lake District National Park, Windermere, LA23 1LJ – The Lake District is known for having one of the best wild swimming spots in the country. Put your swimming skills to the test while your car charges nearby.
- Mr Mulligans, Unit 5A The Brewery Quarter, Henrietta Street, Cheltenham, GL50 4FA – If you’re naturally competitive, Mr Mulligans in Cheltenham features a mini golf course, shuffleboard and electro darts all under one roof. Ready, set go!
- Komedia, 22-23 Westgate Street, Bath, BA1 1EP – This live music and entertainment venue is just the place to waste away a few hours thanks to its packed schedule of performers while your car charges.
- Folly Dolly Falls – A hike to this picturesque waterfall in Yorkshire is just the thing to make you forget the time. Conveniently park and charge at the nearby Huntsman Inn before setting off. Make sure you know where you’re going, the falls are a hidden gem.
- Logiclock Escape Rooms, 6 Trinity Walk, Nottingham, NG1 2AN – There’s nothing like an escape room to get your blood pumping. With three different rooms to choose from, escape through your chosen adventure while your car charges a short distance away.
- Black Mountain Adventure, Three Cocks, Brecon, LD3 0SD – With ‘adventure’ in its name, this activity centre is sure to deliver a thrilling few hours of fun, whether it’s kayaking, paddleboarding and white-water rafting.
- Rainbow Rocket Climbing Centre, 49 Clifton Rd, Cambridge CB1 7ED – Looking to get in a workout? This rock-climbing centre in Cambridge will have you working up a sweat in no time.
- Fistral Beach Surf School, Fistral, Newquay TR7 1HY – If you’ve always wanted to tick ‘learn to surf’ off your bucket list, now is the time. While your car is charging, you’ll be learning a new skill.
- Sea Life Manchester, Trafford Palazzo, Trafford, Manchester, M17 8AS – Another one for the bucket list, depending on how brave you are! Kill some time and try the ‘Swim with Shark’s’ experience, something you’ll never forget.
- Rage Room Glasgow, Hype Leisure, 72 Hydepark Street, Glasgow, G3 8BW – Smash it…literally at this Rage Room in Glasgow and return to your car feeling destressed and ready to take on your next adventure.
Please visit https://www.sixt.co.uk/plus/ for more information on SIXT's subscription service.