Vimal Rajan Carmel, Spa Manager at Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa, Maldives
- Honey is full of antioxidants and works as a natural moisturiser. Apply to the face and body to soften skin, unclog pores and control breakouts. The Coconut Milk & Honey Wrap at CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa expertly combines these two natural beauty ingredients to improve the skin’s tone and aid hydration
- A quick way to get glowing skin is to add a little olive oil to a sea salt scrub. These ingredients give life to tired looking skin and are used in the Sea Salt Body Scrub treatment
CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa draws inspiration from the origins of the Shangri-La legend, a place of personal peace, enchantment and wellbeing. It is a secluded sanctuary located in its own spa village within the resort, with spacious individual treatment villas featuring private gardens and steam rooms for maximum privacy.
Room rates at Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa are from US$645.41 (approx. £527) per night. This is based on double occupancy and includes all taxes and fees. To book, please visit www.shangri-la.com/male/villingiliresort.
Christelle Gamelle, Spa Manager at Shangri-La’s Le Touessrok Resort & Spa, Mauritius
- Prepare and consume detox drinks on a daily basis to rid the body of excess fat and clean the system. Mix a reasonable quantity of ginger, mint, lemon, parsley and cucumber in two litres of water and sip throughout the day
- Aloe Vera grows in abundance in Mauritius and has many health benefits. It can be used to soften skin as it supplies oxygen to cells, strengthening tissue. It can also be used as a natural after-sun lotion due to its anti-inflammatory properties. In drink form, it’s perfect for soothing the stomach after a spicy Mauritian curry
CHI, The Spa at the sophisticated Shangri-La’s Le Touessrok focuses primarily on holistic wellness with organic and indigenous ingredients, offering a blend of Decléor cosmetics and produce grown in CHI Spa’s dedicated garden.
Room rates at Shangri-La’s Le Touessrok Resort & Spa are from US$358.37(approx.£293) per night. This is based on double occupancy and includes all taxes and fees. To book, please visit www.shangri-la.com/mauritius/shangrila.
Dessy Handayani, Spa Manager at Shangri-La’s Hambantota Resort & Spa, Sri Lanka
- Ayurveda, the 5,000-year-old system of healing, is a speciality in Sri Lanka where people follow the rhythm of nature. This extends to getting plenty of sleep by resting when then sun goes down and rising early. Shirodhara, the gentle and rhythmic pouring of oil on to the forehead is an Ayurvedic treatment that induces deep relaxation and sleep
- Ayurveda centres around purity both inside and out. The Udwarthanam Massage is a therapeutic deep tissue massage with medicated herbal powders designed to improve digestion and alleviate sluggishness. However, health and balance can also be created through the use of joyful and beautiful speech that brings happiness to those who hear it. Avoid gossip and complaining for a harmonious soul
- In traditional Chinese philosophy, ch’i is the universal life force that governs well-being and personal vitality and it must flow freely for good health to be maintained. Unblock the mind and body by starting each day with a few simple stretches followed by ten minutes of meditation to guarantee a firm body, stable mind and compassionate spirit
Spa enthusiasts can indulge at CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La’s Hambantota Resort & Spa, where Ayurvedic treatments, a specialism of Sri Lanka, are delivered using specialist herbs and natural products, following a consultation with an Ayurvedic Doctor. Twelve indoor and outdoor treatment rooms are a haven for stress relieving massages, facials and body treatments.
Room rates at Shangri-La’s Hambantota Resort & Spa are from US$293 (approx. £240) per night. This is based on double occupancy and includes all taxes and fees. To book, please visit www.shangri-la.com/hambantota/shangrila.
For more information and reservation: Tel: +960 689 7888, firstname.lastname@example.org