Hair extensions are a blessing and now that you are a proud owner of one, you want to really take care of them to achieve the best out of it. Here recommend you a great online store:amazing beauty hair extensions are selling clip in extensions, there are variety of colours and styles, good to try.
We all know that whatever we take good care of always lasts longer, and the first step is to wash it properly. Washing your hair extensions keeps it looking shiny, smooth and luscious, it makes it lasts for months, even years, as long as they are given the proper tender loving care that they deserve.
Note, not all clip in hair extensions should be washed frequently, especially the ones made with 100% Remy human hair. This is because they do not receive natural oils from the scalp like the hair does, so it is highly recommended that you wash after ever 15 – 20 wears or much preferably when there is a lot of product build up in the extensions.
Is there a way to wash your luxury clip in hair extensions without damaging it? Yes, there is, and washing your clip in hair extensions by yourself saves you time and money as well as add more expertise.
The less you wash your clip in hair extensions, the longer they will last. So, here’s a rundown of how to wash your luxury clip in hair extensions to make it squeaky clean, shine better, appear smoother and look luscious.
- Remove your clip in hair extensions. If your hair extension is on your head, you have to remove it to easily and effortlessly wash it. All you need do is unclip it and remove it.
- The next step is to brush your hair. This is a very important step to take since your hair would still be dry. Brushing your hair extensions before washing it helps detangle it and minimises the possibility of it getting entangled during and after the washing process. Start brushing from the bottom of the hair extension and work your way to the top to gently remove any and all tough knots without pulling off the hair strands from the wefts. Use a wide-tooth comb or a soft bristle brush whenever you are combing your hair extensions. If you are having a tough time detangling your hair because it is dry, you can spray some detangling spray and apply some conditioner before you comb it.
- The next step is to prepare the bath for your luxury clip in hair extensions. Make sure that the bath is squeaky clean, plug the drain if you are using one and fill it up with warm water – make sure the water is warm, not too hot and not too cold, this is because hot water will damage the extensions and cold water will not effectively wash out the grime and shampoo from the hair extensions. Pump two to three squirts of alcohol-free, sulfate-free, color-preserving shampoo into the warm water and shake it till it is soapy and has suds.
- Soak and shampoo each clip-in hair extensions. Hold the extensions by the clip and dip it into the sink, run a wide-tooth comb through it to make sure that they have equal wefts. Hold the separated wefts in one hand and dunk them into the water and start washing them, gently apply shampoo to each weft with your fingers in light strokes so that they don’t get tangled. Once you are through with a weft, set it aside neatly on a towel and repeat the process till you have gotten all the wefts in the hair extension shampooed.
- Condition your hair extensions. Conditioning your hair extensions help it retain its moisture, nourishment, and softness. Apply a generous amount of conditioner into the hair extension wefts from the top to the bottom and massage the products thoroughly until it has circulated around. Leave it to sit for an hour at least or overnight to lock in the moisture. Then, rinse it out of each weft thoroughly, so that there won’t be any residue to make it greasy.Cold rinse each for ten seconds to close the cuticles and seal in the moisture and nourishment to keep the hair extensions looking healthy.
- Leave it to dry. Avoid using a blow-dryer on your hair extensions instead opt for air-drying it. Wring each weft completely free from water and separate them on a towel on a dry and flat surface. Apply a little amount of oil on each weft to make it manageable, shiny and smooth, and also to avoid frizzies.
- After the hair extensions are completely dry, you can comb or brush through it again to completely free it from tangles and knots. Make sure it is completely dry to avoid damage and breakages to the hair extensions.
That’s all there is to know when washing your luxury clip in hair extensions.