Betting on cycling events has become quite popular in recent years. This is because unlike football and basketball where betting is a little more complicated, cycling betting is a whole lot easier even for the newbie. It is important that bettors learn the different types of cycling events in order to bet on cycling successfully. Moreover, once you understand how the betting works, there are plenty of markets to select from. Learn more about the basics of cycling betting and understand the different race types. Are you ready to learn more about cycling bets? This article will guide you on the basics of cycling betting.
The Basics of Cycling Betting
Bettors from countries like the United Kingdom and Britain, are well conversant with cycling betting and have wide information about the games and the cyclist. This makes it easy for them to place bets because they have an idea of who is the fastest cyclist and who has the highest chances of winning. This could be little different bettors who reside in areas that don’t practice cycling matches. For them, the internet is there to neutralize the situation by offering information about cycling races, bets, odds and much more. Before placing a cycling bet ensure that you check out for relevant information from the internet to get a glimpse of what is happening.
To start you off with the basics, one of the most common cycling bets is known as the simple single bets. For simple single bets, the bettor has the role of identifying which cyclist will win the match and place a bet on him or her. We have various types of races some including short distances while others involve races that are run with different stages by a different cyclist.
Therefore, ensure that you fully understand the game and search for the best cyclist to win the race. For the multiple stage races, the bettor is asked to state the nationality of the cyclist and others ask which cyclist will win in a particular stage. So, to win on cycling bets do some research on cyclists profiles, their specialities, if they are good with one-day races or prefer long races and much more.
Different Types of Cycling Races
- Track cycling races- this race ranges from 150m to 500m in circumference or it must add up to 1000m when the laps or half laps are multiplied by a whole number. Unlike other sports, track cycling mostly concerns countries competing at international levels with events like the Olympics, Track Cycling World Cup and much more.
- Road Cycling- this race covers a wide range of distances. A race can range from 9km time trial to a multi-stage. The races are usually done over different types of terrain like flat roads, mountain ranges and cobbled streets.
- Tour De France- this is the most important and popular cycling race in the world. The race takes place every summer in France and it involves all the world’s top cyclist.
- Giro’d Italia- this is another grand race that takes place in Italy and lasts for about three weeks. The race is mostly for the UCI pro teams.
- Vuelta an Espana- The Vuelta is a multi stage-cycling race held annually in Spain. Also, a UCI world tour event holds several race classification.