Your body’s growth and development are one of the most critical aspects of your wellbeing. You’ll notice that when your physical health is doing well, you’re able to show up as a more productive and happier person in life. Apart from looking after yourself from the exterior which takes into account your appearance, how much effort do you put into enhancing your health? For instance, several men only look after the way they look but feel tired and fatigued on the inside. If you’re someone who experiences burnout, it could be attributed to the hormonal imbalance that occurs as a result of not taking good care of your body.
To get started on your journey towards better health, adopting a few steps can take you a long way. This blog will address all that needs to be done so that you feel as robust at every stage of your life as you did in your 20s. Follow the six steps mentioned below to have an overall glow-up in 2022!
Ways to Stay on Top of Your Health
- Refine your diet: If you live away from home and don’t put in the time to cook your own meals, you form part of the majority of the youth today. However, there’s only so much takeout that one can consume. Not only are they low on nutrition but also come with additives that can harm your health in the long run. If you’re not very kitchen savvy, there are simple recipe roundups or meal preps that you can coon in batches at home. This will ensure that you’re completing your nutritional quota while nourishing your body well.
- Cut down on alcohol and cigarettes: Alcohol and nicotine are two of the most dangerous substances that one can consume to ruin their health. If you have the knack to drink and smoke very often, try to reduce your intake. Not only will the positive effects show a visible shift in your body, but also improves your mindset. The body will be able to detox itself better, feel more alert, and less sluggish. Moreover, your life expectancy also increases substantially when you’re not constantly consuming such substances.
- Get a complete body scan: Women are always urged to get their yearly or bi-yearly body scans done. However, when was the last time that you got a full body check-up done? The risk of nutrient deficiency, heart disease, cancer, or other health complications reduces by a huge margin if detected early. It is extremely imperative that you begin to get yourself checked each year after your mid-20s to rule out any such illnesses.
- Check your testosterone levels: Many times we come across reports and accounts of men with excessive testosterone in their bodies. Whereas, the inverse is also possible. There are several ways that a lowered level of this hormone can physically manifest as. If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, you can look into treatments like testosterone therapy for men. Not only does this address the root cause of such deficient regulation but also mitigates this issue by inducing them artificially.
- Get enough sleep: On a given night, getting a minimum of 6-7 hours of sleep can become your lifeline to survive a stressful life. While you may not prioritize sleep, your body performs all its detox and rejuvenation processes while you’re resting. Do not discount this factor while trying to improve your lifestyle. We highly encourage you to sleep for 8 hours a day so that your mind and body feel well-rested throughout the day. The bonus is enhanced cognition and mental processing.
- Incorporate regular exercise: While it may be difficult to fit in exercise in such a busy schedule, it is a non-negotiable factor. Burning some calories is one of the few benefits of working out regularly; you also get to enjoy de-stressing and emotional regulation. This will lead you to feel happier and more motivated if you put in at least 45 minutes of exercise three to five times a week. Apart from getting stronger muscles, joints, and bones, our body will thank you for the years to come!
We see so many write ups and resources that focus on women’s glow-up games, but seldom are their blogs that talk about men taking control of their life. Even if there are resources, they are hyper focused on body sculpting and fitness. A balanced approach will take you a long way while taking control of your own life. We hope that our approach to highlighting your overall health brings better results that visibly radiate your inner wellbeing!