For most of us, our independence is something which we deeply value. Sadly, it is possible that this may be significantly reduced or even lost as we grow older. Activities such as walking, dressing, and bathing can become more difficult to achieve without assistance, and we may require an extra pair of hands.
As well as additional help, there are a number of steps which can be taken to preserve independence and quality of life for longer. One such example is a bath lift chair. A lift chair can help users to bathe independently, enjoying extra privacy and dignity for many years.
What Is A Bath Lift?
A bath lift is a lift which helps to raise and lower the user in and out of the bathtub. The device is powered using a battery pack which must be charged before and after using, and operated with a hand-held remote. The device is secured to the bottom of the tub using suction cup feet, to allow stability and security at all times.
Why Do I Need A Bath Lift?
A bath lift can be a useful investment if you have difficulty lowering yourself in or out of the bath alone. The remote allows independence. You are entirely in control of the speed and movement, and you can take it as slow or as fast as you need.
Without this extra support, you may require another person on hand at all times to help you to bathe safely and comfortably, and this is not always practical. In the worse scenarios, supported living may also have to be a consideration, and it comes as no surprise that most people would rather remain in their own home wherever possible.
What To Consider When Buying a Bath Lift
With so many bath lift chairs available, it can be hard to choose one. There are many factors which you should consider, including:
- Size: You will need to consider the size of your bathtub to ensure that your lift is the correct width and length. It is important that safety and comfort are considered at all times.
- Style: There is a misconception that a bath lift, by its very nature, has to be unstylish and unattractive; an eyesore in an otherwise comfortable bathroom. On the contrary, there are a variety of styles to meet your tastes.
- Storage: If you share your bathroom and bath with others, the lift may need to be removed and stored between uses.
- Accessories: The lift is not the only gadget you can enjoy. Bonus features such as swivel seats and covers are also available to ensure maximum comfort.
- Budget: You may have a particular budget in mind, and there are styles and products to match any price range, allowing you to get the assistance you need without breaking the bank.
A bath lift can revitalize your life, restoring independence and giving you the freedom to bathe whenever and wherever you like. It is a worthwhile investment to your bathroom fittings, and can revolutionize your experience with ease!