There’s no need for Valentine’s Day to be met by a collective groan from singles. In fact, why not use the day of love to invest in yourself with one of these decadent gifts. Whether you have a partner or not, let February 14th be the day for spoiling… yourself. Light a candle, draw a relaxing bath, and slip into something more comfortable for a night that’s all about you. After all, self-love is the best love.
These gifts range from little treats to luxurious buys, with our curation of Valentine’s Day gifts keeping self-care front of mind. The gifts we tend to give ourselves are largely practical – we often splash out on the things we need, rather than want. There will be none of that here, with sumptuous and indulgent buys you perhaps wouldn’t normally justify. Have a loving partner? We still recommend treating yourself. After all, nobody loves you like you do.
- Damesfly Candles, available at Harvey Nichols, from £48. With touching messages that keep it real, Australian candle brand Damesfly are a great choice for getting cozy with this Valentine’s Day.
2. Yaa Yaa London ‘Quietly Confident’ Pink Earrings, £59. These statement earrings are handmade using precious stones and are beautiful and unique – just like you. Brushed metal is teamed with gate crystal-lined stones to create these eye-catching earrings, with no two pairs the same.
3. The Stopover: The Mile High Club by T L Swan, available at Amazon, from £4.99. Fasten your seatbelt, you’re in for a real ride. There’s a reason why our wellness editor and editor-in-chief are raving about this saucy slice of escapism. And the good news is, there’s a sequel.
4. Ivy Ekong Fashion Amie Dress, £159. There’s power dressing, then there’s the blazer dress. This beautiful tweed dress can be worn both day and night.
5. Hill & Friends Its Lit Candle, £55. Scented candles are our love language. And this special treat is scented with a medley of pomegranate, pepper, and spice with a tang of blackcurrants.
6. BEAU Polish Chan Y’all Feel The Love, £7.50. BEAU Polish is a small, independent beauty brand championing inclusivity. We love this bright and bold shade in pillar box red – perfect for a statement V-Day mani.
7. Yogipod Relaxation Gift Bundle, £20. We love this gift box of hand-printed yoga props brand that will help you find your calm and encourage a moment of zen this Valentine’s Day.
8. Little Moons ‘You Mean So Mochi To Me’ gift box, available to purchase from Deliveroo, Heavenly Desserts, Westfield London, and Selfridges Pick & Mix mochi bar, £15. They do say the way to my own heart is through my stomach, so when it comes to self-love, dessert is king. Enjoy a plethora of Little Moons flavours with this delicious gift box.