Are you looking for ways to enjoy this extended COVID situation without having to put in a lot of effort? You’re definitely in the right path to making use of this traumatic and trying situation and finding the best yummy recipes to try during your stay at home.
If you are a massive fan of Italian food and also of tagliatelle pasta especially, then here are a few recipes that you will genuinely love to try. The first order of business is to buy tagliatelle online, as going to the stores might not be the safest of the best options. Also, sourcing the best tagliatelle pasta online from authentically Italian stores is equally important.
The recipe to try:
Shrimp & Cherry Tomato Squid Ink Pasta
It takes under 30 minutes and is very flavorful!
The list of Ingredients
- 12 ounces of squid ink tagliatelle pasta
- A pound of shrimp
- Two teaspoons of olive oil
- Six thinly sliced cloves of garlic
- Two tablespoons of tomato paste
- Halved ten cherry tomatoes
- A third of a cup of white wine
- Half a teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- Zested and juiced – 2 lemons
- Half a cup of chopped basil
- 4 tbsps of butter
- Ground black pepper
Instructions to Make Shrimp & Cherry Tomato Squid Ink Pasta
- Firstly, bring to boil a large pot of water with salt.
- Then in a large pot, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat until entirely hot. Then add the garlic in and let it cook well, just occasionally stirring.
- After about 2 minutes, a lightly browned and fragrant garlic is presentable, then add in the tomato paste. After all, this, stir it frequently for about 20 seconds to a minute or until it is a dark red shade.
- After the tomatoes turn dark red, add in the cherry tomatoes, white wine and also a quarter cup of water, along with red pepper flakes.
- Season it with salt & pepper, according to your preference.
- Then, cook it while occasionally stirring for about 3 to 5 minutes until the tomatoes are softened.
- While that is still cooking away, cook the squid ink tagliatelle pasta to al dente and reserve about half a cup of the pasta water, and drain the pasta.
- After the pasta is completely cooked to your liking, add in the shrimp and the tomatoes that were cooked and further season it with salt and pepper.
- Now add the cooked pasta, lemon zest & juice along with the butter and the reserved pasta cooking water. Now turn off the heat and stir in half of the basil.
- The rest of the basil can be used as a garnish.
Tips to remember while making this squid ink tagliatelle pasta:
- Don’t use a tomato paste can as you’ll end up having leftover tomato paste. If in case you end up using a can of tomato paste, just leave the leftovers in a zip-lock bag and put it in the freezer. When you want to use it again, thaw it under warm running water.
- Always have a zester in hand, it’ll come in handy especially if you have lemons in the recipe or even for grating cheese or some nutmeg.
The Best Wine Pairing for Squid Ink Tagliatelle Pasta:
- You could choose a wine that is lively white or even,
- Light-bodied, acidic red wine that is young and chilled.
You’ll definitely end up liking this recipe with one of these pairings of wine. Give this recipe a try and let us know how you enjoyed it.