One of the most frustrating parts of traveling is packing the suitcase for the trip. It’s hard to gauge if you’re packing too much or too little. Did I remember this, that, and the other thing? Do I roll my clothes, or fold them?
In general, traveling can be stressful. Travel blogs, like inspire4travel, can help ease those concerns with tips and tricks to make the experience go smoothly.
10 Tips for Packing the Most in Your Suitcase
Knowing a few packing hacks can also help reduce the stress of travel. Here are 10 tips for making packing easier:
1. Roll your clothes. Let’s end the debate. Rolling your clothes provides more room. Rolling does cause wrinkles, but most hotel rooms have irons.
2. Plan your daily outfits. Many people make the mistake of throwing every piece of clothing they like into one suitcase. Then, when they get to their destination, pulling an outfit together is a hassle. Planning your outfits saves suitcase room AND dress-stress.
3. Leave the liquids home; use bar-shaped toiletries. If you’re flying, most airplanes have strict rules regarding liquids. Skip trying to remember the liquid limits. Use bar shampoos and conditioners.
4. Pack heavier items at the bottom. This is a well-known hack. Pack heavier items, such as shoes, at the bottom of your suitcase. It will prevent the heavier items from making the suitcase tip over, or damaging fragile items.
5. Use a sunglasses case to store cell phone chargers. Phone chargers can break easily if left loose in the luggage. Putting them in a sunglasses case protects them, and makes it easier to find when you get settled in your destination.
6. Put a sticker on your luggage to help identify it quickly. Not many things in life are more awkward than the baggage carousel. At least one person always picks the wrong suitcase off the line. Putting a bright sticker, or other easily recognizable visual cue, can help get you out of the baggage claim without any awkwardness.
7. Create a packing inventory. Do you always forget at least one item when you pack for a trip? A packing inventory can ensure that you have everything you need. Toiletries, chargers, enough socks, etc.
8. Wear that heavy jacket or sweater on the plane. Nothing takes up more room in the suitcase than a bulky jacket, or sweater. One beloved travel hack is to wear it on the plane. It’s a win-win solution: More room in the suitcase, and planes are always freezing.
9. Use a dryer sheet to keep clothes smelling fresh. No matter how far you travel, your clothes will somehow end up smelling funky. Tossing a dryer sheet in the luggage will help keep it smelling fresh between washes.
10. Don’t leave packing to the last minute. One reason why people pack incorrectly is because they do it at the last minute. Rushing through packing only ensures that you will forget something. You don’t have to pack a week ahead, but a day or two in advance is better than last minute.
While much of 2020 was a wash for travel, adventurers are looking to 2021 to get away. In fact, over half of the vacations already booked for 2021 are for international destinations. After a year of road tripping, these packing hacks will come in handy for long-distance travels.