Thinking of renovating your bathroom? Interesting. The bathroom is one of the most functional parts of the entire home, in renovating the place, there are a couple of factors to be carefully considered. Neglect of any one of them could lead to a bout of discomfort.
Well, read on.
For your bathroom renovation, you want to ensure you do not trade away style for comfort, the first five things to be considered are:
1. Plumbing: where does all the water and waste go? It is always best to go for a larger drain, this way, there are very slim chances of having a clogged drain. You may just shudder at how much human waste, hair, and even nails go down that drain. When considering the plumbing, factor in the climate of your residence. If you live in places where the temperatures tend to drop to freezing levels in the winter, an external pipe is just not for you.
2. Medicine Cabinets: in remodeling your bathroom, ensure you save enough room for your medicine cabinet. First aid, bandages, basic tablets, etc.
3. Shower Floors: for the shower floors, the tiles may just vary. For instance, smaller tiles are less likely to slope, as a result, they tend to hold water at a uniform level. This could be a pain in the ass when shower water refuses to go down the drain. You could opt for larger sloped tiles in the shower and aesthetically appealing smaller tiles outside.
4. Toilet: wall toilets are fast becoming a sensation. In remodeling your toilet, you may want to consider having wall toilets, since they often make for more space than conventional floor toilets. If you do, bear in mind that your plumbing may require extra detail, attention, and of course, money. If you want an easy-to-install bathroom fixture, you can also opt for a high quality sanicompact unit because it doesn’t require additional plumbing and major construction. It is also highly effective and cost-efficient.
5. Drawer storage: your drawer storage is meant for all your vanities. From storing soaps to facial cleansers to shower oils etc. You want to ensure there is space for them.
After sorting out the basic needs, you can then attempt to make your bathroom your spa.
6. Lightning: Where will the windows be located? What kind of bulbs should you put in your bathroom? The bathroom often needs a good amount of light fixtures, especially if you use the mirror a lot.
7. Shower windows: For the sake of both functionality and style, it’s always prudent to install a shower window. They should not be too large to spill water and they should have enough opening so the user doesn’t suffocate
8. Shower Bases: Go all luxurious, you can opt for porcelain or acrylic bases and skip the boring beige old shower bases
9. Tiles: Smaller tiles are often more stylish and they reduce the chances of slipping in the bathroom.
10. The Shower or Tub question: Your choice! Completely left to your discretion and your comfort, your bathroom is being remodeled for you.
While considering all this, don’t forget to have some fun as you remodel and also remember, comfort and functionality over style. Well, you can get both.