From the farthest tip of Scotland to the most southerly beach towns in England, we have rounded up twelve best of British gifts to give your loved ones this Christmas. 2020 is all about supporting local businesses – think small-batch spirit brands, local foodie hampers, beautiful British books and Union Jack products in abundance, we have got you covered this festive season.
(1) Rock Rose Gin Winter Edition: This spectacular spirit is made with spruce tips – yes, you heard it correctly… Christmas tree gin! The multi-award-winning Dunnet Bay Distillers from the far north of Scotland have created the perfect winter tipple. Making for a truly festive flavour profile the hero botanical in this limited edition release was collected by the in-house gardener last December, with original Rock Rose elements scaled down to allow the delightful earthy and citrusy notes from the spruce tips to shine through. The stunning gin has been crafted with thoughts of bracing walks, roaring fires and cosy nights in mind. The signature ceramic bottle has also been given a festive snowy feel, making it a gorgeous gift this festive season. Priced from £37.50.
(2) NHS Heroes Knitted Christmas Jumper: The NHS has made the whole of Britain proud this year. These blue knits are emblazoned with a bold motif in celebration of our National Health Service. Each jumper, which will be discounted to NHS workers, comes with a free limited-edition NHS bauble, handcrafted and designed in the UK. 50% of profits from every sale will be donated to NHS Charities Together, a membership organisation representing, supporting and championing the work of the NHS’ official charities. Priced from £34.99.
(3) The Folio Society – On Her Majesty’s Secret Service: What could be more British than James Bond? The Folio Society offer the world’s most extensive selection of beautifully illustrated books including an exquisite volume of Ian Fleming’s On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, illustrated by Fay Dalton. Artist Fay Dalton continues her brilliant work on the extremely popular James Bond collection, bringing readers a vision of Bond that captures all the glamour and the grit of Fleming’s world with seven beautiful full-page colour illustrations. Tracy, the woman who wins Bond’s heart by recklessly outdriving him, sizzles on the page, while the sinister Blofeld oozes menace. Truly the perfect gift for any 007 fan and a lovely ode to the late Sean Connery this Christmas. A treasure to keep forever. Priced from £37.50.
(4) Arran Aromatics Handcare Duo Set: This gorgeous set is the perfect gift for 2020 when hand washing has been the order of the day. Treat your tired paws to a foaming hand wash which is gently formulated to deeply cleanse and a moisturising hand cream which contains shea butter, natural oils and actives of aloe vera leaf juice, which are known to soothe. The product was created in a Home Farm factory, an old dairy farm for the historic Brodick Castle in the heart of Arran, in Scotland and can be bought at Hayes Garden World. Priced from £28.
(5) The Cheese Geek – The Frankie: The Cheese Geek offer bespoke subscription services or scrumptious one-off boxes for special occasions. This Christmas they have created The Goldie, The Frank-ie and the Myrrh-ie – a feast fit for a king. The cheese is the best that Britain has to offer alongside a handful of European heavyweights and each box offers a fun fact file to accompany each delicious morsel. The team source directly from award-winning makers meaning the contents found in each box will not be found in the supermarket. This is the perfect gift for every cheese lover or a great treat to order straight to your door for the festive season allowing all the family to get involved. Cheesy jokes obligatory. Priced from £50.00.
(6) Ohelo 500ml Water Bottles: Ohelo is a London based brand designing everything right here in the UK. Ohelo makes and designs high-quality reusable 500ml water bottles perfect for a gym bunny, eco-warrior or adventurous traveller (post lockdown, of course). The products are all 100% leak proof, great for hot and cold drinks (keeps drinks hot for 12 hours, cold for 24 hours), easily portable and have sleek, colourful designs – they are good for the planet too! Priced from £29.00.
(7) Limited Edition Worstead Wagyu Christmas box: December is all about amazing food. Spoil the foodie in your life with a Christmas Wagyu box from the Worstead Estate, filled to the brim with the highest quality, melt-in-your-mouth wagyu beef – there is enough included in the box for you to get in on the action too! The Christmas wagyu box comes with two sensational fillet steaks, two ribeye steaks, four-second cut steaks, one roasting joint and six delicious burgers. Worstead Estate is the first in Norfolk to rear and sell premium wagyu beef, adhering to the highest ethical rearing and sustainable farming methods. The ultimate treat for any meat-lover this Christmas. Priced from £90.00.
(8) No Secrets Mini Home Spa: No Secrets is a British beauty brand with a difference. The company makes pure, luxury, plant-based skincare that is cruelty-free. No Secrets only uses the finest natural ingredients, especially chosen for their purity, safety and affinity with skin avoiding any unnecessary chemicals such as parabens, phthalates and sulphates. The Mini Home Spa is letterbox size, perfect for sending to friends and family as a surprise over Christmas now that less people can gather than normal. This kit is just what is needed as 2020 draws to a close. It includes skin softening and smoothing Bath Jelly, a jar of the brand new nourishing, moisturising Hand and Body Butter and a stunning hand-poured soy wax votive candle. Available in both signature scents: ‘One’ – Fresh & Uplifting and ‘Four’ – Sensual & Calming. Priced from £22.00.
(9) Hattiers Egremont Premium Reserve Rum: The perfect gift for any rum lover or cocktail connoisseur. Established in Devon in 2017, Hattiers is looking to shake up the rum industry. Hattiers Premium Reserve Rum is a blend of four rums hand-picked from across the Caribbean and Central American and gently paired with pure soft water from the hills of Dartmoor, England. Delicious, warming, and the perfect tipple to enjoy at Christmas. Hattiers even has the recipe for a Breakfast Old Fashioned for cocktail experts to follow along in order to put together the perfect drink to enjoy over the festive period. Priced from £37.50.
(10) Lava Spirits Co Coffee Orange Gin: Lava Spirits Co has launched its debut range in the UK that includes the UK’s first Coffee Orange Gin. Utterly fabulous in decadent cocktails, great as a refreshing long drink with tonic or ginger beer, as well as served as a ‘sipper’, neat or on the rocks – this is the warming drink for an indulgent Christmas with notes of strong, fresh espresso and roasted coffee beans, expertly balanced by sweet citrus. Founded by Laura Bridge, Lava Spirits are distilled and handcrafted in the heart of the English countryside, using the finest quality, expertly roasted Arabica coffee beans. We’ll drink to that. Priced from £29.00.
(11) Willy’s Wellness Box: The perfect antidote for 2020 and an ideal gift for any wellness lover. Willy’s is a 100% naturally plant-based range of products each containing the 300-year-old LIVE Mother from Willy’s farm in Herefordshire which helps to boost immunity and improve gut health. Founded by Tyrell’s Crisps founder, William Chase, Willy’s Apple Cider Vinegar is the latest venture from his farm. This Christmas, Willys have created a wellness subscription box, perfect for a delivered-to-door health kick, all grown in the UK. The box contains easy to use recipes cards to incorporate the product into different meals and drinks as well as Apple Cider Vinegar Kombucha Cans and a Beetroot Health Shot, to name a few. Priced from £21.00.
(12) Hattingley Valley English Sparkling Wine: For someone special in your life, why not treat them to a bubbly bottle of premium English sparkling wine from family-owned Hampshire winery, Hattingley Valley. The perfect gift to add a touch of sparkle to the celebrations this festive season, Hattingley’s core range features a selection of award-winning bottles including the Classic Reserve (£30), Blanc de Blancs (£47.50) and the Rosé (£36). For those who prefer something extra lavish, opt for a bottle of the 2014 Kings Cuvée (£80) – a very limited release that recently won best sparkling wine in the UK. The Classic Reserve is also available in a stylish Union Jack gift box. Cheers! Prices vary.