We have always considered when we have an event where to start choosing the dress for the occasion. In this case, we are going to start with some basic tips that will help us choose the best option:
1. Look closely at the figure of our body, this will be the basis for choosing the type of dress that best suits us.
2. Which part of our body do we want to highlight more and which do we want to avoid drawing attention to?
3. The color of the mesh print dress is a very important choice. We must be sure that the color we choose is in our color palette.
4. To choose the dress, it is also important to take into account the type of event we are going to attend. This way we will not dress excessively, nor will we fall short with a dress that is too informal at a black-tie dinner.
5. Choose a dress according to your age… well no. If anything, it should be totally the opposite! It is best to choose a dress according to how we feel. This last tip is important, it has to be a dress with which you feel comfortable and that you can only decide for yourself.
Types of dresses according to the figure:
There are 5 stipulated body shapes. We understand that it is sometimes difficult to pigeonhole ourselves into one of these five, but we will base ourselves on the one that most resembles us:
1. Triangular or pear figure: Generally hips wider than shoulders. In this figure, the dresses with which we highlight the upper part of the body are very favorable. We seek to draw attention to the shoulders, collarbone, or chest. The necklines that are always right are V-necklines, boat necklines, or strapless dresses. The dress silhouette that best fits is the fitted or straight-cut dress.
Dresses that increase the volume of the hips, such as pleats and tulle, should be avoided at all costs. Let it be the part that stands out the most.
2. Inverted triangle figure: The shoulders are wider than the hips. In this case, the key is to increase the volume in the lower part of the body. We can achieve this through dresses with a lot of flight or dresses with layers of ruffles on the skirt. We must avoid dresses with volume at the top, avoid shoulder pads, and if possible also very tight dresses.
For this silhouette, we recommend the skirt because, thanks to the pleats at the hips and the bow, it makes you focus attention on that part of the body.
3. Rectangle figure: Equal shoulders and hips and a wider waist. What will favor us is to break with the straightest line of our figure. For that, we can opt for dresses that mark the waist with a belt, dresses that are tight at the top and voluminous from the waist to the bottom, or dresses with a lot of volume on top and tube skirts. Always avoiding straight or tight dresses from shoulders to knees.
In this case, we can always use dresses like the Umi, since even though they are straight, simply by adding a belt, we can make our figure stand out and break the straight line. We want to highlight this dress because the key is to be able to adapt any piece of your wardrobe.
4. Round figure: The belly is more prominent than the hips and shoulders. Empire-cut dresses are a 100% hit. Whether it's the dress for a party or a cocktail, the empire cut will favor your silhouette without a mistake.
The dress from Solado that we recommend for this line is worn by a model with a different figure, but since it fits almost below the chest, it is also very flattering for a round figure. The pleats hide the volumes and make our attention focus on the lacing and the color combination.
5. Hourglass figure: Equal shoulders and hips with a very thin waist. In this silhouette, we are going to start with what we do not recommend choosing. Loose tunic-type dresses are usually a mistake. We must opt for those that mark our waist, either with cuts and changes in volume or if not, putting a belt on a mesh long sleeve mini dress to mark it ourselves. This silhouette is treated in a similar way to the rectangular figure since in both it is convenient to mark the waist.
We recommend the blouse from the Solado wardrobe, for example, since it fits at the waist. We could combine it with narrow pants or with a bell to break the line a bit.
What about multiposition dresses?
Now that you've read all the theories, the following is still a bit unnerving, but it's said that rules are meant to be broken, right? Well, that's why at Solado, we bet on multi-position dresses, because you can wear them as it flatters your figure or in any other way if you feel more comfortable.
We want it to adapt to different figures. By this, we mean that, for example, you can adjust the waist if you have an hourglass figure, or leave it baggy if your figure is an inverted triangle. In the event that you think that it does not suit you because your figure is rounder, you can always wear it like a kimono, open it with pants, break with the stereotypes of dresses and be the most original.
Choosing the right black mesh long sleeve top dress can be the key to the success of that long-awaited event. We don't know about you, but getting the outfit right or wrong at an event gives us a lot of self-confidence. That is why the key to confirming the final dress is to choose the one that makes you feel comfortable and enjoy.