Also known as a cabin bed, a platform bed is a bed whose base is at a raised level, that loves a good mattress in a box. So, if you have a twin platform bed and you are looking for a suitable mattress for the same, well, you have come to the right place. We bring you all the necessary information you need to make a conscious choice, which will lead to comfy cozy nights.
The first step was finalizing the bed frame and congratulations; you have that sorted. The next step is to move on to a suitable mattress. Now, you will probably find a plethora of mattresses to choose from, but before you make a hasty decision that will be later uncomfortable and useless, keep these things in mind. The selection of the mattress should be done after taking all these considerations in mind.
The twin bed dimensions for your twin platform bed is 39 in. x 75 in. While for a queen it is 60 in. x 80 in. and the king-size dimensions include 76 in. x 80 in. The thickness of your mattress should resonate with the height of the bed to ensure complete comfort. These tips will help you make the best choice.
- When it comes to a platform bed, you mostly require the same standard bed size as a normal bed frame. For instance, if you may be in the future decide to change your bed frame and opt for something like a box spring, you can still use the same mattress.
- Keep in mind that even though the mattress will be of standard size, the overall length can differ as platform beds have headboards, under-bed drawers, and footboards.
- If you are opting for XL mattresses, not all bed frames are made for that size.
How To Choose The Right Mattress?
- Understand that a standard platform bed makes you feel more comfortable and luxurious.
- If you have a low profile beds, your mattress should be 14 inches of thickness or more.
- For standard platform beds, 10 to 12 inches’ thickness of mattress will do.
- If you are looking for a minimalist or bohemian look, a low platform bed will do, however, it can be sometimes hard to get in and out of it.
- If you are a back sleeper, it is important that you have a firm base while you lie down.
- If you are a side-sleeper or tummy sleeper, then you need something more soft and cushiony.
- If the thickness of the mattress is more, then, it is possible that the mattress is less firm.
- If you choose a memory foam mattress, the advantage is that they give good support and they come in a plethora of sizes. People prefer memory foam as it contours nicely and provides pressure point relief. However, as there is no ventilation, it can get hot very easily. A 14-inch mattress will keep you comfortable.
- If you are looking for more firmness, then latex is your best choice. Natural latex mattresses are also eco-friendly. The thickness of your latex mattress can be at least 10-inch.
- Hybrid mattresses offer spring support and the comfort of memory foam. For hybrids, if you want medium-firm support, opt for at least 10-inch. For more softness, you can go for 12-14 inches.
- The innerspring mattress provides the support of pocket coils and provides the necessary firmness. You can opt for a 14-inch thick mattress.
These tips will help you buy your perfect mattress.