Some people fall into the trap of commenting on the type of scissors their barber is using. Here is a good piece of advice: do not teach your hairstylist or barber how to do things. You can be sure that they had to put in long hours to find themselves in their position.
Naturally, you might wonder about all the equipment you see while visiting a hairdressing salon. However, do you really want to break your hairdresser’s attention? Remember, scissors have a sharp edge.
In this case, a much better option is to educate yourself at home. If you have some free time to spare, learning about hairdressing might not be a bad idea.
Let us help you! In this article, you will find some much-needed information to understand the reasons behind your barber’s choices. Now you will know why they are using this type of shears and not the other!
First of all, sit back and take your time to familiarize yourself with some necessary information you need to understand. Here is a short list of things that you should be aware of before entering a hairdressing salon:
- Hair-cutting scissors are specifically crafted to cut hair. Just because some clippers do not look fancy does not mean that it is an old product. Remember that functionality is the primary concern you have to take into account.
- Keep in mind that what you recommend might not be fitting for your stylist. Sites like Scissor Tech can provide them with almost every pair of scissors they would want. Common logic says, “do not pick the tool for the professional.”
- Do not think about the price of scissors as a be-all and end-all measure of value. Maybe your hairstylist likes this set of scissors they bought? Perhaps only with this set they can create this top-notch hairstyle you want? They have cut tons of hair during their life. They know that they have to use the best equipment possible.
- Make sure that you and your hairstylist are on the same page. You might be right to criticize the set of scissors they are about to use. However, instead of doing it, ensure that there is a mutual understanding between you first. Maybe they understood you wrong?
- Even the most patient of hair stylists can get angry when you try touching their stuff. To many barbers, their pair of scissors might be a very personal item. Yes, they are only used to cut hair. However, your hairstylist can get attached to them.
More Advanced Information
After going through the basic stuff, now is the right moment to talk about something more advanced. Here is a new portion of hair-cutting information for you:
- Hair-cutting products usually come with an offset handle. This handle allows the hairdresser to give dozens of haircuts every day. Why? Because it does not tire the hand and the fingers so fast as other handles.
- There is more than one style of scissors. For example, there is a specialized type of hair cutting scissorscalled texturizing shears. They are very similar to regular shears. However, one or both blades have teeth on edge like a comb. It helps your hairstylist remove some weight from your head.
- Hair-cutting shears have specific blade angles. You can cut hair easily if you can use them correctly.
- Scissors appropriate for cutting hair are usually made with high-quality stainless steel. This fact guarantees the shears will cut hair well for a long time.
- Most popular scissor brands are usually selling their product with a lifetime warranty. When your scissors get damaged, you may pick up a new pair right back from the shop for free.
- Hair-cutting shears differ in length. The most popular variants are 4-5 inches long. However, some products can have 7 inches in length.
- The most popular and reliable option is Japanese shears. Getting a pair of these is not a big problem since many online shops specialize in selling them. A skilled barber will always find a way to acquire them.
The Bottom Line
Hopefully, now you know more about every barber’s favorite tool — clippers. Start applying this knowledge, and you will quickly see the results. Now, your barber will be content with your experience. More than content — they will love their new best customer!
If your goal is to look good, you might as well learn a thing or two about cutting hair. Maybe someday you will have to cut your hair at home? The knowledge you have gained may prevent you from paying a steep price. After all, hair grows back, but at a slow rate.
Remember that a satisfied stylist will add more beauty to your face and make the hair on your head look gorgeous! Let men and women around you envy you. Best of luck!