Taylor Victoria went from party girl to all round badass business babe! Founder of Solopreneur to Ceo, Taylor has created her dream lifestyle. She believes that anyone can live a life of their dreams and she is there to help you see that anything is possible for you.
Taylor worked on her mindset and created a vision that is now her reality and the best bit? She’s just getting started! We spent some time with her to find out more…
Tell us about the journey that lead you to launching Solopreneur to CEO…
Less than three years ago, I was a MASSIVE party girl. Would go out and get drunk every weekend because I felt like I had nothing better to do. I felt lost, bored with my life, and like I was destined to make someone else’s dreams come true working a 9-5.
One day I decided something had to change and took MASSIVE action toward creating a business that would give me the freedom I craved! I worked tirelessly to build an online business that would allow me to work overseas and in 2019 I moved to Bali while I was only earning $600 AUD per month. I just had this sort of blind faith that everything would work out, no matter what, because I was so determined!
Fast forward to 2020, and I’ve just sold my part of a 6-figure digital marketing agency, that I built with my business partner. We worked with luxury brands to help them create content and get more leads and built a dream team of 8 people to support us! 👏🏻 I also still currently run a Virtual Assistant agency called Outsource Monkey that I co-founded in October 2020 with my boyfriend. (outsourcemonkey.com.au)
But what I am MOST passionate about is my coaching business and help other women create the freedom lifestyle I have! I help solopreneurs to ditch the overwhelm, step into their role as CEO +scale their businesses using systems, strategy and mindset!
I’m also a world traveler, having travelled to over 28 countries in my life. When Covid isn’t wreaking havoc through the world, I live in the tropical paradise of Bali, surrounded by beaches, rice fields, and cute co-working cafes. Living this lifestyle lights my soul on fire so it’s my mission to help other female entrepreneurs achieve that same freedom!
I am an all or nothing type of girl, so you better bet that we are going ALL IN with scaling my clients businesses and creating the freedom lifestyle they desire!!!
What has been the biggest learning curve since launching the business?
For me, it has been figuring out how to get out of this ‘employee mindset’ that we are trained to have since we are children. We get stuck doing things like:
- Waiting for permission and directions as to what we need to do.
- Trade time for money
- Aim for a promotion in the company
- Expect our bosses to fix all the problems
- Focus on money and our position/title
- Fearing risky situations instead of seeing them as an opportunity to grow
But when you start to run a company, you need to do the complete opposite of that, which took me a very long time to learn! You really need to step into the role of ‘CEO’ of your business and do things like:
- dreaming, designing, launching and managing a new business.
- Having vision and leadership skills to transform a business idea into something tangible.
- Start without thinking and are not scared of risks
- Create opportunities for ourselves to scale our businesses and income without trading time for money.
- Learn how to be fantastic at delegating, team building and outsourcing to specialists
Learn how to stick to their area of genius.
- Take responsibility for all the problems + always find solutions
- Live outside of your comfort zone’s
- Not afraid to fail- see it as learning
- Focus on Time, money and significance
- Learn to be the visionary of the company!
Obviously these 2 state of minds are SUPER different from each other and it took me a long time to learn that!
Your design is really creative, who’s your ideal customer?
Female solopreneurs aged 25-35…
Here is where you are at in your businesses if you are my ideal client:
- You’ve got your first few clients locked in and are making $2-$4k per month
- You know who your target market is and what services to offer
- You don’t just want to rake in the moolah. You want to do it your way #noapologies
- You don’t just want to get by in your online business.
- You want to soar
- And you sure as day follows night don’t want to figure it all out on your own.
- You want to do it faster than just about any girl on the block (Honestly, who has the time?)
Do you plan on expanding the program in the future?
Yes, ideally I would love to build it up so that we can serve hundreds of female entrepreneurs in every round of the program. I envision having co-coaches to help me support them all in creating their dream freedom businesses!
Looking back since launching the brand, is there anything you would do different?
Talk us through an average day in your life…
Wake up, go to the gym (I do Hiit style work outs), come home, shower, listen to 20 mins of a podcast or audio book, meditate, practice my EFT tapping ritual, map out my day and what I want to work on. Usually this will involve:
– checking in with my team first thing (I have 5 people working on my team for Soloprenuer to CEO and in Outsource Monkey we already have 9 virtual assistants working with us, so there are a lot of people to check up on haha!
– checking in with clients
– replying to DM’s from leads
– then usually in the first half of the day, I focus working ‘on’ my business… think high level planning, setting up systems, hiring new team members, checking in on my marketing analytics
– next I will do any content creation that is required from me- podcast episodes, reels etc
– the afternoon is reserved for calls- with both coaching clients and prospects
– once I finish working for the day, I will usually go for an afternoon walk or to play oz tag (think along the lines of touch football)
– After dinner we will watch a bit of netflix before bed
How much has social media played a role in the success of your brand?
– HUGE! I wouldn’t have a business if it wasn’t for social media!
What is your go-to quote when lacking motivation?
Haha it sounds savage but its ‘Just be better!’’. My friend Anndrea first said it to me when I was in bali and I thought it was harsh but then when I really thought about it, there is no simpler thing to do… Just be better and then you won’t be unmotivated or feel lazy or frustrated or whatever you are feeling! It’s so simple and I love it haha!
How has Covid19 impacted your business?
I am one of the fortunate people that was not at all affected by COVID in terms of business.
What does self care mean to you?
Practicing my morning routine, taking time for myself every week to do something fun like ecstatic dance or oz tag, meditating at least 5 times per week, checking in on my energy every day to see how I am feeling and what my heart needs from my head right now. I am SUCH a huge preacher of self care, I will always put that above business which some people think is crazy but I would rather enjoy the journey of getting to my business goals (even if it takes longer to get there), than get there slightly faster and hate my life while I was getting there.
Where can people find out more?
Freebie: ”Top 4 Systems to Scale your Biz in 2 Hrs or Less’’ https://www.taylorvictoria.com.au/systemstoscale