What do astrology and travel have in common? Well, more things than you’d first believe. To find out which type of holiday you should book based on your star sign, Caribbean resorts and luxury holiday specialists Beaches Resorts teamed up with UK based astrologer Francesca Oddie, who reveals everything from ideal holiday types to which cocktails to drink, the best travel companions and essential items to pack.
Which signs prefer to unwind on a sandy beach and which are more suited to go on a snowy ski break? When selecting your next travel destination, choose a holiday that truly resonates with your Zodiac sign.
Is your holiday written in the stars?
Here’s what professional astrologer, Francesca Oddie, suggests as a getaway for each Zodiac sign:
March 21-April 19
- Aries on Holiday: Aries wants to be where the action is and they want to find the coolest new destination, the best bar and discover new trends ahead of time.
- Best Holiday Type: An adventure holiday with lots of action. They love to be independent, so somewhere where they can be the tour guide is ideal.
April 20 – May 20
- Taurus on Holiday: Taurus is ruled by Venus, the sign of luxury. When a Taurus goes on holiday they are going for some R&R, to be pampered and leave feeling revitalised. The best holiday for these individuals involves soft sand, sounds of the ocean, delicious food, massages and lots of naps.
- Best Holiday Type: Chilled luxury all the way like this luxury beach resort in Turks & Caicos.
May 21 – June 21
- Gemini on Holiday: Gemini is inquisitive. They want to see the city, hit the museums, join the guided tour, learn the facts and then spend the afternoon regaling the facts they learnt that morning.
- Best Holiday Type: A city with close proximity to a beach is a great shout for a Gemini because there is access the buzz of city life but also somewhere to enjoy some down time and get stuck into a good book.
June 22- July 22
- Cancer on Holiday: Cancers consider their every need for the journey and what they might need when they go on holiday. Security is one of the ultimate values for Cancer, so their holiday destination needs to provide them with a sense of home.
- Best Holiday Type: A family villa or a family friendly hotel is perfect for Cancers. Failing that, staying in a family run complex, or a hotel that has “that family feel” to garner “a sense of belonging”. A family villa on an island somewhere in the Caribbean would be a great option for a Cancer.
July 23 – August 22
- Leo on Holiday: Leos love the high life. Their ultimate holiday destination must be the latest hotspot in town. They want fun, parties and glamour. Whoever goes on holiday with a Leo is in for a treat.
- Best Holiday Type: Anywhere they can strut and show off! Most suited to glamorous city breaks, a Leo will seek out exclusive parties, go to shows and enjoy good quality service.
August 23 – September 22
- Virgo on Holiday: A Virgo may well be anxious on the way to the airport, and it might take them a few days to settle into their holiday, but it will do their nerves the world of good! Find them somewhere where their body and mind can slow down and recalibrate, with health and wellbeing at the centre.
- Best Holiday Type: Somewhere clean where they can keep up their great health routine. Something that leaves them feeling rested and restored from the responsibilities of their daily life. A wellness, health or yoga retreat would be perfect for a Virgo.
September 23 – October 23
- Libra on Holiday: Libra is the archetypal cultured individual who has read up, packed well and intends to calmly soak up their well-planned holiday, taking fantastic photos along the way.
- Best Holiday Type: Luxe! A beautiful refined environment where “the people are lovely” and everyone has impeccable manners. Excellent service is very important to the Libra. Flowers in the room on arrival and other little details. A place of art and culture; a culture-filled city break would be ideal.
October 24 – November 21
- Scorpio on Holiday: Scorpios love action, adventure and making plans that others will love. However, a Scorpio also loves to “chill”. They want to be away from the crowd, alone with nature, having deep and meaningful chats on the beach and making friends to last a lifetime.
- Best Holiday Type: Exploring a mysterious castle, caves or ancient building in the area. Scorpios love being out on the water, perhaps because they are a water sign. Scorpio enjoys the feeling of controlling the wave, or working with the power of nature, making surfing a good holiday activity.
November 22 – December 21
- Sagittarius on Holiday: The big vision of Sagittarius is to change the world, to preach what they have learned, to share their intelligence and enthusiasm for life. A Sagittarius holiday is as authentic as they come; total immersion into another culture, staying with local families and thoroughly learning about other people is their vibe.
- Best Holiday Type: Sagittarius wants to travel; they want to see the world. They want a one-way ticket. There’s nothing they don’t want to see and no one they don’t want to meet. Exotic holidays are perfect for a Sagittarius traveller.
December 22- January 19
- Capricorn on Holiday: When the ultimate hard worker goes on holiday it can take them a few days to relax and settle into the holiday vibes. “Relax” isn’t a word that chimes with them all that well because they are so focused on being productive.
- Best Holiday Type: Anything super active with an adrenaline rush – Capricorns love that kick! A skiing holiday is perfect.
January 20 – February 18
- Aquarius on Holiday: A road trip is the ultimate Aquarius holiday. Where are they going? Nobody knows! But they will make friends on the way with people from all walks of life. Aquarius wants the stories, memories, learning, connection and exploration – where they go needs to be flexible and welcoming.
- Best Holiday Type: Something off-the-beaten-track where they might meet people from different cultures and won’t be treated like a tourist on holiday.
February 19 – March 20
- Pisces on Holiday: Pisces are the artists and mystics of the Zodiac, they blend in everywhere they go and will be happy snoozing on a beach, painting in a country meadow, learning traditional dance, meditating in India or attending to those in need as part of some charity work.
- Best Holiday Type: A yoga retreat.
Is your Zodiac holiday a match? For more information on luxury family holidays, please visit www.beaches.co.uk or call 0800 597 0002.