For every traveller, the word ‘luxurious’ means something slightly different. As the world has opened up post-pandemic, those seeking to get away and recharge their batteries have more options than ever. Spoiling ourselves with a once-in-a-lifetime holiday every once in a while is great for our mental health and if you have the funds to do so, why not do something solely for yourself?
With a wide world out there waiting to be discovered, there’s something out there for everyone, from party-goers and animal-lovers to sun-worshippers and wine connoisseurs.
For those with excellent taste in vintage wines, there are a plethora of lavish destinations to get the tastebuds singing. Fans of red, full-bodied wines which improve over time should make sure to visit Bordeaux in France. The Gironde River bisects Bordeaux and travellers will find varying winemaking techniques on each side of the river.
Portugal, the home of the Douro valley, is also well worth a visit. The breathtaking landscape, with the hills gently rising from the banks of the river, is a stunning location to enjoy the renowned Douro wines. A cruise along the river with a glass of world-famous port in hand is perfect for those who know their wines.
For an alternative experience, South Africa is not to be missed. One of the best ways to immerse oneself in South African culture is to take a journey through the Cape Winelands, sampling some of the world’s best wines. As an additional bonus, South African cuisine is also world famous.
- Seychelles: This luxurious destination is ideal for sun-lovers. Located in the Indian Ocean to the east of Kenya, the Seychelles is a breathtaking cluster of beautiful islands.
- Geography: It is marked by untouched jungle vistas and mountainous backdrops.
- Beaches: The pristine sand beaches slope down to crystal clear waters.
- Wildlife: Seychelles' waters teem with a rich diversity of marine life.
- Activities: Visitors can partake in various activities such as snorkeling, diving, and nature treks.
- Caribbean Islands: Offering a distinct experience to the Seychelles, the Caribbean Islands are located to the southeast of the Gulf of Mexico and they boast their own unique charms.
- Diversity: Contrary to popular belief, these islands are highly diverse in culture, landscapes, and experiences.
- St. Kitts and Nevis: Ideal for those seeking a laid-back luxury vacation, these islands offer a top-tier beach and golf experience
- Attractions: The islands are home to several world-class resorts and golf courses.
- Experiences: Visitors can enjoy relaxing on pristine beaches or playing a round of golf in one of the scenic courses.
- Antigua: This island is perfect for travellers looking for glamour and high-end sailing experiences.
- Sailing: Known as a sailing paradise, Antigua hosts several sailing festivals throughout the year and offers plenty of opportunities to charter luxurious superyachts.
- Lifestyle: The island is renowned for its luxurious resorts, fine dining, and vibrant nightlife.
No list of party destinations would be complete without mentioning Ibiza, renowned for its superior bars and nightclubs which attract the world’s most famous DJs. Extending beyond clubs and bars, Ibiza’s party lifestyle spills out onto its stunning beaches and is known the world over. Open-air concerts, vibrant nightclubs and booze cruises all kick into gear when the famous Flower Power Festival kicks off the party season in March.
Ibiza doesn’t have a monopoly on the party scene, however. The 1960s put Mykonos Island in Greece on the map by names such as Grace Kelly and Jackie Onassis and in modern times, travellers flock to Paradise Beach for epic parties looking out over crystal-clear waters.
The glamour and sophistication of a casino night cannot be matched, and lovers of slots and blackjack alike can be spoiled by the opulent casinos on offer around the world. For those who enjoy stunning surroundings and plenty of sunshine, the Bahamas is home to the Atlantis Resort and Casino which sits on the immaculate white sand of Paradise Beach and spans a beautiful seven-acre lagoon. The largest casino in the Bahamas, it features 85 table games and over 700 slot machines.
A staple of the casino scene, Las Vegas is truly iconic. There are a vast number of casinos to choose from, but for those looking for the most grand and opulent backdrop, the Bellagio is the epitome of luxury. For less seasoned but no less enthusiastic gamblers, certain platforms offer an opportunity to refine their skills before diving into real-life action. For instance, CafeCasino allows users to experiment with free online roulette using the Practice Mode, which is a great introduction to the types of bets and the layout of the roulette game – before betting on it with real money.
For a very different type of luxury holiday, a trip to soak up the wonder of the natural world is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Seeing animals such as the so-called Big Five; lions, buffalo, leopards, elephants and rhinos in their natural habitats cannot be compared to seeing them in a zoo. Wildlife retreats in the magnificent landscape of African countries such as Kenya and Zimbabwe have capitalised on the awesome vistas, allowing visitors to experience nature in all its glory.
Animal lovers can access some of the most remote landscapes and tropical wildlife by hopping onto a beautiful yacht to take a leisurely cruise. Consider exploring the protected Galapagos Islands, home to marine iguanas, giant tortoises and the famous Galapagos penguins. Travellers who don’t mind the cold can take advantage of cruises north to see polar bears, arctic foxes and whales, among others.
The world is home to a whole host of lavish destinations that have to be seen to be believed, from stunning, sun-drenched landscapes to the ultimate party scenes. With so much on offer, travellers can take time out of their busy lives to immerse themselves in different cultures and soak up some much-needed luxury, tailoring their trips to experience the perfect holiday.