Its no surprise that pink is my favourite colour, my hair is usually pink, I wear pink lipstick every day, 70% of my wardrobe is pink and there’s an element of pink in every single room in my house. Pink is my happy colour - I love it!
Adding a pop of pink to your home interiors is like adding a little ray of sunshine to your life. Pink is a hue that is often associated with love, happiness, and joy, and incorporating it into your home can bring a playful and cheerful atmosphere to any space.
Wall colour Olivia by Vintro Paint, Pink weather clock Bramwell Brown.
When it comes to interior design, people often play it safe with neutral colours like beige, grey, and white. While these colours are classic and timeless, they can often lack the energy and excitement that comes with incorporating a bold shade like pink.
Not only is pink a fun and playful colour, but it also has a range of benefits for our mental and emotional well-being. Studies have shown that pink can have a calming effect on the mind and body, reducing anxiety and stress levels. Pink is also known to increase feelings of love, compassion, and warmth, making it the perfect colour to add to a room you spend a lot of time in, such as your bedroom or living room.
Incorporating pink into your home doesn't mean you have to go all-out and paint your walls bubblegum Barbie pink - although it does sound amazing! There are many subtle and sophisticated ways to add pink to your interiors, such as using pink accents in the form of throw pillows, curtains, or rugs. You can also opt for a pink statement wall or piece of furniture, such as a pink velvet sofa or a pink ombre accent wall.
Ombre Wall created using a selection from the Simply Refresh range from Dulux.
Don't be afraid to mix and match different shades of pink to create a unique and eye-catching look. Pair pale baby pink with deep fuchsia for a bold and vibrant look, or mix baby pink with soft peach for a sweet and romantic vibe. The possibilities are endless when it comes to incorporating pink into your home interiors.
So, next time you're thinking about updating your home, consider adding a touch of pink. Not only will it bring a playful and cheerful atmosphere to your space, but it will also have a positive impact on your mental and emotional well-being. Embrace the power of pink and enjoy the happy and joyful vibe it brings to your home.
The Beverly Hills Hotel, famously known as the "Pink Palace," is a prime example of the timeless elegance and sophistication that a touch of pink can bring to a space. The iconic hotel features lush pink accents throughout, from its vibrant pink exterior to its plush pink velvet seating and whimsical pink and green patterned wallpaper. It's no wonder that the hotel has been a favourite among Hollywood's elite for decades.
But you don't have to be a Hollywood star to bring a bit of pink into your home. Here are 10 ways to incorporate pink into your interiors and bring a touch of the famous Pink Palace into your own home:
- Paint a feature wall: A pop of pink on a single wall can create a bold statement that will instantly uplift your space - or how about a pink ceiling?
- Textiles: Soft pink throw cushions, textured throws, or curtains can add a touch of femininity and warmth to any room.
- Artwork: Incorporate pink into your decor through vibrant art pieces - or create your own. I find Etsy a great place to look for unique Art.
- Furniture: Invest in a statement piece of pink furniture, such as a pink sofa or velvet scalloped chair, to make a bold statement in your living room.
- Rugs: A plush pink rug can bring a pop of colour and texture to your floors.
- Light fixtures: Opt for pink light fixtures, such as a pink chandelier or lamp, to add a touch of glamour to your space - a pink lampshade can change the whole mood of a room as the light will be diffused and give everything a super peachy pink glow.
- Accents: Small details, such as pink vases, candle holders, and picture frames, can make a big impact - stylists like to use odd number so think 3/5/7 rule when grouping objects in your home.
- Wallpaper: Wallpaper is a great way to bring a fun, playful pattern into your space. Opt for a pink and green print, botanicals are good - look for cool palm prints or banana leaf designs,
- Kitchen accessories: Add a pop of pink to your kitchen with playful pink accessories, such as a pink tea kettle or toaster.
- Plant life: Bring the outdoors in with pink flowers or pink-hued foliage, such as fuchsia or rose-colored succulents - with so many natural looking faux’s on the market there great choice around.
Pink is a versatile and timeless colour that can bring sophistication, femininity, and playfulness to any interior. Whether you opt for bold statements or subtle touches, a little bit of pink in your home is sure to make you feel like a Hollywood star.