Some people would say that proposing on Valentine’s Day is pure cringe and predictable whereas others would say it’s the most romantic day to do it. Whichever side of the fence you sit on, we’ve teamed up with luxury boutique hotel group, Dakota Hotels, who have revealed the top ring reveal tactics for those proposing today.
Below are the hotel’s top five ring reveal tricks for 2022:
- Ring served in a fizzing glass of Champagne
- Will you marry me? written on a dessert plate
- Ring hidden in a short candle, revealing itself when the candle burns away
- Ring placed inside a balloon and revealed when popped
- Ring attached to the stems of a bunch of flowers
Lauren Martin, Guest Relations Cupid said: “We always go the extra mile for guests who want to plan special or elaborate proposals, but it can definitely be challenging.
“The ring reveal is no longer a traditional down on one knee in a busy restaurant kind of experience, it has become an all singing all dancing celebration of love, with no expense spared.
“At Dakota, we want to ensure our dedicated team can provide guests with the most romantic proposal experience they will never forget.”
Dakota Hotels, have also revealed the most unusual, ambitious, and downright bizarre proposal requests they have received from Valentine’s guests this year.
- Hundreds of heart shaped balloons – One guest requested that thousands of pounds worth of red roses, alongside several hundred heart shaped balloons, be left in his suite for his partner to find!
- A private helicopter ride over the city – When one guest requested scenic views of Glasgow serve as the backdrop to popping their big question, Dakota were tasked with chartering a helicopter for the occasion to help deliver a breath-taking proposal!
- Bedroom String Quartet – One pitch perfect guest requested that Dakota Manchester provide a string quartet to play love songs in their bedroom. The hotel was also tasked with placing rose petals from the lift to suite door, before the big musical reveal!
- Candle lit terrace – With panoramic views over the city, the terrace of Dakota Manchester’s Grand Deluxe Suite is the perfect backdrop for any romantic moment. When one guest requested that 300 candles, plus their partners name spelled out in rose petals, were placed on the terrace, it made for one unforgettable proposal.
- Full Restaurant Take-over – When one guest wanted the service and luxury of Dakota Leeds destination restaurant, The Grill, for their proposal, they requested to hire the whole restaurant for guaranteed privacy.