Oral health and hygiene remains of top importance, especially as contributing factors to the health of your teeth, gums and the body. At Green Meadow Dental, we are committed to providing you with premium dental care services and solutions which are effective in combating both teeth decay and gum diseases.
We have a team of dentists who provide you and your family with top quality dental care services which are gently administered in a serene and comfortable atmosphere.
To help you stay healthy, we understand the importance of proper oral hygiene and this is why we offer our patients with in-depth information on how best to manage and care for their teeth.
To protect your teeth against tooth decay which is caused as a result of plaque, our dental care specialists have highlighted some of the important information you need to know below.
Tooth decay is caused by plaque which is caused by accumulation of sticky bacterium on the teeth. The bacterium over time may be able to penetrate the tooth enamel causing cavities, otherwise known as decay. Regular dental checkup and appointment may be instrumental in catching plaques early before it causes decay of the tooth.
In the event of cavities, this can lead to weakened teeth, cause pain and promote tooth loss when unattended to for an extended period of time. In certain cases, cavities may also create a widespread infection in the mouth.
Tooth decay has been revealed to be one of the commonest oral diseases affecting children in the United States in recent times, however, this can be prevented against through dental sealants, fluorides and daily care of the teeth.
To help you properly prevent against tooth decay both in kids and adults, our Green Meadow Dental care specialists recommend the combination of sealants and fluorides which can potentially irradiate tooth decay and disease in children. Visit Croasdilldental.com.
To properly protect the teeth against decay and cavities, our dentists at Green Meadow Dental recommend:
- Regular intake of nutritious meals while paying attention to avoiding sugary foods and beverages
- Use of fluoride toothpaste and treatments
- Regular teeth cleanings and dental examinations
- Dental sealants
Taking proper care of the teeth from childhood (before the age of 14) can significantly improve the life and health of the teeth. In addition, this plays a significant role in helping children imbibe proper oral health habits which will protect their teeth well into adulthood.
At Green Meadow Dental, we provide dental care for children with the goal of preventing against dental diseases as it is more advisable to prevent against diseases than treat them. Through regular checkups, routine daily care and other practices, we are able to monitor oral health and prevent against common diseases.
Gum Disease Prevention
In addition to preventing against tooth decay, we also cater to the health of the gum. Our dental care specialists offer specialized cleanings that are designed to reach under the gums, remove plaques and keep the gum in perfect condition.
In the event of gum diseases, we are able to treat patients through the use of advanced dental treatment technologies which prevents against some of the complications arising from gum diseases such as plug plots, heart diseases, respiratory disease, chronic inflammation and more.
Dental Protection Steps
Maintaining a good oral hygiene can help prevent against conditions such as stroke, kidney disease, oral cancer pancreatic cancer, diabetes, heart diseases and more.
To help you maintain perfectly healthy teeth, we recommend the following steps:
- Brushing of your teeth at least twice a day for two to three minutes each time. You can ask our dentists at Green Meadow Dental to teach you the proper way to brush your teeth to prevent against gum bruising.
- Floss your teeth at least once a day to remove any plaque which may have been trapped in your teeth and also to prevent against cavities.
- Consume healthy, balanced diet to supply your body with the needed nutrients to protect your teeth and body.
- Avoid smoking or use of tobacco. Use of tobacco or smoking can have long term negative effects on the oral health especially as it has been revealed to increase risk of oral cancer gum diseases and other oral health conditions.
- Visit your dentists for regular professional dental check-ups and cleaning as this is an effective strategy to detecting the early signs of tooth decay and gum disease.
Visit us for your comprehensive dental care and treatment needs. We are available to attend to all your needs using state of the art dental equipment and tools. Visit our office or make an appointment with us today.