Orlando welcomes over eighty million tourists every year. This is the home to the best amusement and theme parks in the entire world, and most importantly Disneyland and Universal Studios are located in Orlando. If you want to have a fun-filled vacation with your family or with your better half, you must visit this city in Florida. But before you do, you need to know some tips. Read on to know more.
Tips to Plan A Great Vacation in Orlando, Florida
- Book Accommodations: The first thing you have to do is to book the accommodations early. If you are planning the perfect vacation trip to Orlando Florida, you must know that the city stays filled with visitors no matter the season. This is the reason booking accommodation early will save you from the hassle of finding a place at the last moment.
- Pick parks: Orlando is filled with parks; you might get overwhelmed when you see the list on the internet. If you plan on visiting all of them, it may not adjust to your budget and your sneakers will wear off. So, choose parks that you feel are most interesting. Disneyland is one, Universal theme parks two, and some other places will suffice the tour perfectly.
- Purchase tickets in advance: You would not want to spend half of the day standing in the ticket line. For this, you can check online and buy the tickets in a bunch. This will help you visit the places during the daytime, which is convenient to take pictures and have more fun. Keep the evening for strolling around and food.
- Plan a beach day: Other than parks, you may want to spend some time basking under the sun, and work on that tan you wanted so bad. You will get lots of beach options like Tampa Bay, Daytona Beach, Cocoa Beach, and many more. Just choose the one or all, and have some time with your family or your significant other watching the azure waters.
- Bring sunscreen, water, and food: If you’ve never been to Florida, you have no idea what the weather is like there. Florida is considered to be a sunny place and Orlando is no exception. So, the first thing that should pop in your mind is sunscreen, you need it to prevent sunburn. In addition, bring water and food in your tote, if you have planned to visit the parks. However, you also need a raincoat if you are visiting the city from June to September.
- Prepare to walk a lot: If you are in the Wizarding city of Harry Potter, or you are just strolling around the parks, you must walk to get there. Diagon Alley will not come to you by foot; you have to reach there to see Gringotts, Flourish and Blotts, Olivanders, and much more. It will be best if you invest in some walking shoes and comfortable clothes.
Top Places to Visit in Orlando, Florida
1. Walt Disney World Parks
One of the best things about Orlando is the Walt Disney World Parks. You will not be able to finish the tour of this place in one day, you have to plan at least three days to visit the best areas. Go to the Kilimanjaro safari, visit the Hollywood studios, and Cinderella’s castle, watch parades and fireworks, and don’t miss the layer of the pirates.
2. Universal Theme Parks
The Universal Studios is another amazing place you must never miss. Go to the islands of adventures, to experience the movie locations of Jurassic Park, Reign of Kong, Skull Island, Toon Lagoon, Seuss Island, and many more. The newest addition to the park is the world of Harry Potter. If your wand skills need a polish you can practice them in this place. Enjoy the Hogwarts castle, the express, Hogsmeade, and try butter beer if you are thirsty.
3. Sea World Orlando
Enjoy the playful dolphins in the sea world Orlando. Closely experience the sharks, killer whales, and penguins, check out the dolphin nursery, and many more. Your kids will love this place and you will too.
These are just some main attractions of Orlando, other than these you can visit Lake Eola Park, Kennedy Space Center, Discovery Cove, and many more.
Hire A Photographer
While planning the perfect vacation trip to Orlando Florida, you also need to hire a professional photographer like Wanderlust Portraits. Why? Because only a photographer can catch the memorable moments for you and your family. You will be too busy walking and wiping sweat from your face, while the professional photographer will take the most candid pictures of you.
You can pose in front of the Hogwarts Express like you are about to board the train, or want to take a picture with Mickey Mouse, a professional photographer will find the best angles and snap the right photos. You will get them developed before you return home. Consider Orlando drone photography so you can capture memorable moments with your loved ones.
Vacation in Orlando will always be one of your favorites. Mainly because of the family parks and beautiful beaches. The best time to visit Orlando is October to May. So, pack your bags, and make the bookings early to have a hassle-free vacation.