If you happen to live in the UK, you may agree that living there has its disadvantages, thanks to the bitter and very unpredictable weather we have to endure. If you happen to be looking for an outdoor hobby or pastime that can keep you engaged all year long, then you are a little limited in your choices. In order to help you make the right choices, here are a few great outdoor activities that you can experience at any time of the year.
– Obviously, winter is a little uncomfortable, but with the right gear, you can still enjoy a country ride, while stopping off at a pub for a ploughman’s lunch. Admittedly, for most of the year, you have to be selective about when you take to two wheels, and a fair number of cyclists garage their bike for the winter months.
– Quad biking is a very addictive pastime, and serious riders are not at all phased by a bit of cold weather. Sourcing a quad is not an issue, as QuadBikes R Us offers road legal quad bikes in the UK and they are the leading online supplier of quality quad machines. They also stock kid’s quads, in case you were thinking of introducing quads to your children, and then the whole family can get to experience the wonders of nature, while riding a quad.
– For children, this is the stuff of dreams, and so many adults are also captivated by this engaging hobby, which puts you in a hostile firefight with another team, and of course, getting hit means you’re out of the game. As you progress, you pick up the unique skills that enable you to overcome the opposition, such as concealment and tactical team attacks, and there are actually leagues for teams who play each other over the course of a season.
– This is a great way to observe the many species of amazing birds, and the more you know about these incredible creatures, the more you want to know. Digital photography can be combined with bird watching, and many people sell their images, which pays for the bird watching outings. After a while, you realise that many UK birds do take off for the winter and head south, looking for warmer weather, while a few hardy birds stay for the entire year, such as the red-breasted robin.
– Admittedly, it is cold when you are perched on the observation deck at the airport, but noting aircraft numbers can become obsessive, and you will meet enthusiasts who have seen millions of aircraft and seeing a new one is very much a time for celebration.
From the above, perhaps quad riding has the most to offer, and with online suppliers of all things connected to all-terrain vehicles (ATV), you can get yourself a machine and find out what all the fuss is about. If you enjoy the beautiful outdoors, there’s no better way to experience the British countryside than by riding a quad bike.