Two of the biggest subjects we are most concerned about at the moment are wellbeing and mental health.
If our wellbeing isn’t looked after our mental health declines, and if our mental health isn’t too great then our wellbeing will take a hit – these two things go hand in hand for overall wellness.
So, how can you tackle one without causing adverse effects on the other?
Well, there are plenty of things you can do to tackle your wellbeing, from the simple things like enjoying a long bath, listening to calming and relaxing music, watching the birds, or breathing in fresh, clean air. There’s also spending time with friends and family, eating healthy food, and getting more exercise, which all help towards an overall better wellbeing.
From a mental health perspective, this can be a great deal trickier, as we don’t always know if we’re feeling a little down, whether we’re suffering from depression and anxiety, or indeed if things have got so bad that the only way is out.
Therefore we have compiled a list of just 5 tips, which may help towards great wellbeing and stronger mental health.
- First and foremost, if you are feeling overwhelmed and can’t see any way out of the fog, then you must always reach out to a professional organisation that can offer the correct type of advice.
- Secondly, we understand that the simple things can be too difficult sometimes, so try writing down the positives that you do have in your life, it may help towards gaining some clarity in your mind.
- Thirdly, this is easier said than done but if you can remove yourself from the situation it may help. Go for a walk, take some time away from social media, look at taking up a new hobby, read an all-consuming book that takes your mind away from your troubles and worries.
- Surround yourself with only positive people and positive news, pop others to one side that bring you down (even if only for a few days).
- Do something you love, whether it’s yoga or cooking, reading trashy magazines or playing with your neighbour’s dog.
None of the above tips have been put together by professional metal health specialists, but if it’s a professional that you are looking for, we can happily say that West Yorkshire-based Charity, The Cellar Trust are that organisation.
The Cellar Trust are a registered mental health charity that supports people with mental health problems, across the Bradford district to move forward in their recovery and live independent, fulfilling lives.
The Charity exists because mental health problems exist and because they are complex. We all have mental health and our state of health can change at any time. Mental health problems affect everyone in a different way and they can be devastating. The purpose of The Cellar Trust is to support people when they face these challenges, and to empower them to move forward.
There are many ways in which The Cellar Trust can help you. They offer crisis support, peer support, self-development workshops, telehealth, and specialist training for employers amongst other things.
You can contact The Cellar Trust if you personally need support, or if you are a business owner who wants to train your staff in mental health awareness.
The thing to note is that you don’t have to deal with mental heath issues alone. It’s good to talk.
Visit The Cellar Trust to find out more
For more Health & Wellbeing