Ready to start a healthy lifestyle in 2019? Small habits create big changes. Starting a healthy lifestyle is about getting motivated and implementing small healthy habits in your daily activity.
Sometimes, healthy eating and fitness look like a big daunting journey that is too hard to start. Eat the elephant one bite at a time. Include healthy habits step-by-step instead of trying all of them at once. First of all, plan a healthy diet and get aware of everything on fitness at askyourfitnessquestion.com before doing any physical activity. Here are a few recommendations on where you can start a healthy journey.
7 Healthy Habits for 2019
If you want to change your life on a day-to-day basis, don’t start with more than three-four healthy habits at once. A perfect solution is one habit a day or week. It is not about how fast your results are, but about how stable they will be. One habit a day allows you to achieve the result when you actually use all of the healthy habits every single day.
- Find the right workout program. This doesn’t mean yoga or weight exercises only. It can be anything that fits your personal preferences and daily schedule. When you first get into fitness, it is crucial to pick something that you enjoy. Only this way you’re going to be motivated to work out longer than a week or two. Don’t know where to start from? Try everything to define what works better for you – Pilates, yoga, dance classes, running, weight exercises, etc. It can be even a free workout app with a set of exercises you do every morning.
- Plan for healthy meals ahead. It is easier to eat healthier if you have a clear plan for the next week or two-three days at least of what you’re going to eat. Try prepping your meals by yourself. This way you are less likely to grab a pizza or a hot dog because you have nothing else in the fridge when you get hungry.
- Get enough sleep. When you don’t get enough sleep, you don’t feel your best when you wake up. So, get at least eight hours of sleep. Or include a nap break throughout the day.
- Drink enough water. You should drink between 25% and 50% of your body weight in ounces of water daily.
- Drink a glass of clean water or warm lemon water straight away after you wake up.
- Intuitive eating. Don’t stick to a severe diet when the body doesn’t get the required amount of calories. Eat when you’re hungry and stop when you’re full.
- It is hard to live a healthy life if you’re upset or depressed. Be confident. Don’t compare yourself to other people. Don’t be jealous. Positive energy is extremely important for a healthier living. Every day write one thing you love about yourself on the mirror in the bathroom. Every time you go to that mirror, read the list.
Living a healthier life is not that hard at all. Just one habit a day.