Here at House of Coco we know a Boss Babe when we see one, none easier to spot than Johanna Placenio. A quote that resonated with her is ‘change the way you look at things and the things you look at change,’ and this is the way she has lived her life.
First and foremost, she’s a dedicated mother to her son, Danté. Jo says ‘they say you never understand a mother’s love until you become one yourself and they were right.’ Danté is and always will be the brightest light shining in her life, her first and always true love. Being his mother has been a pure blessing in her life.
In my personal life, she’s career focused and in an amazing relationship with her soulmate, Chris. They’ve been coined a “twin flame” which means they’re connected not just on a physical and emotional level, but also on a spiritual level. Looking back on her path, she knows that everything has been entirely laid out for her life.
A woman who oozes positive vibes only, we went along to find out more about this glamorous queen…
1. Tell us about the journey that has led you to where you are today?
I am a born and raised Texas Girl. My journey has not always been an easy one, but I firmly believe that the tough times help us to become stronger, more compassionate human beings. Sharing our stories can help others become the best versions of themselves. I love to “pay it forward” as the saying goes.
First and foremost, I am a devoted Mom to my son Dante’. Being his Mother has been my greatest accomplishment and blessing. I live with the love of my life, Christopher, and we have a chihuahua named Spartacus.I am a firm believer in following your gut aka intuition. It will NEVER fail you! Always, always, always, listen to its voice. Outside of my job, I always knew that I wanted to do something in beauty, fashion, fitness. At one time, I had plans for a beauty bar. We’re talking nails, organic tans, blowouts, getting makeup done, lashes, all of it. I had investors who were interested in the endeavor, but something deep within said, “This isn’t it. Think about it a little more.”, so I never pulled the trigger. I did my research and even with a full proof business plan, I never could go through with it for whatever reason. The only way I can explain it is that it never felt right and I couldn’t put my finger on it why. I trust my intuition and it always guides me.
Before my meditations, I would continually ask what my purpose was. Don’t we all? 🙂 In the middle of one of my meditations I heard, “Blog”……”Peace, Love, Glam” . It was an “AHH HAH!!” moment that permeated every bone in my body. It rang “true” and my intuition screamed “Yes!”. I jumped up and told Chris, my life mate, about the idea, and he said, “Yes! You are a walking blog. You always have been! Excellent idea!!”
It was perfect and I knew it was the right path. I have always had a passion for all things beauty, fashion, fitness and spirituality. A blog was the perfect outlet for me to share my loves and knowledge with the world! My passion and excitement was raging out of control. I was ready to embark on my lifes work and began the journey.
2. Looking back is there anything you would have done differently?
No! Absolutely not! I would have done everything exactly the same way because my journey has made me the strong and passionate woman I am today. I have an amazing son, I live with the love of my life and I am getting to live my dream life and job.
I have always believed that if you follow your passion and believe in yourself, everything will work out in your favor. How can it not? I want to inspire and spread love. It is my mission in life. I am so grateful i have the platform to do just that. Thank you God!
3. You are ultra-glamourous , how would you describe your style?
Feminine, glam with a bit of edge.
I love glam but I am just as comfortable in a pair of jeans or running the streets in fab activewear.
4. Tell us about your most recent Boss Babe moment?
Wow 2019 has been an amazing ride. I have been blessed with so many Boss Babe moments. I get to check so many things off my vision board. My most recent? How about my most recent(s)?
Being asked to host a Clean Beauty event with Neiman Marcus. Wow!
It was a dream of mine to sit front row at New York Fashion Week (NYFW) and it happened! Still can’t believe it!
I co-founded a women empowerment group called Glam Soiree’. It is held bi-monthly, we set intentions and support each other. We started in January with 6 women and now we are at 50 women! Incredible!
I set intentions to speak on podcasts and to date I have been a guest on 6 different podcasts. I’m so humbled.
5. What does 2020 look like for you?
Go to Paris and Milan Fashion week.
Collaborate with fashion and beauty luxury brands.
Continue to grow Glam Soiree and empower thousands
Formulate and distribute a PeaceLoveGlam Beauty Lip Kit
Inspire women to love themselves at every age
6. Our readers love to travel, where is your happy place?
I have a few favorites; Paris, Bora Bora, Maui and Aspen Colorado. Each are different and hold a special place in my heart and soul.
7. In the world of marketing, focusing on your own personal brand is the future. You seem to have nailed it. What advice would you give to anyone that wants to elevate their personal brand?
Wow! Thank you! That is a huge compliment! I believe that authenticity is key, details matter, and to know your “why”. You have to get to know what your followers want and why they come to you. That is so very important because it’s really all about them. I only serve as a vehicle of inspiration and information. A source of inspiration and information if you will.
8. As you juggle so many things, what do you do to switch off?
Great question – work/life balance is key and not always easy. I switch off by stepping away and spending time with my love Chris.
9. How do you deal with overwhelm?
Big deep breaths! Overwhelm is a sign for me that it is time to step away, regroup, shut down and spend some time doing something that will take my mind off the situation. Something like working out, going for a run or…here it comes…..shopping lol. Girls love to shop, what can I say!
10. You are a very successful entrepreneur, what has been your proudest moment?
I do not think I can just pick one moment, I have been fortunate to be blessed with so many! If I had to choose I would say creating my successful blog “PeaceLoveGlam” and co-founding Glam Soiree. They hold a special place in my heart.
11. We believe self care is of the most importance , what self care tips would you offer our readers? I absolutely agree that self care is very important. To take care of the mind, body and soul is not always easy, but I am a huge advocate of self care. If we do not take care of ourselves, we will not be able to take care of our loved ones and the responsibilities we have. When we are balanced, the world around us is balanced. Here are my tips:
- Sleep is a must! 7-8 hours is highly recommended.
- Take care of your Gut health! When your gut is healthy you’re healthy. Unhappy gut = unhappy human and vice versa
- Learn to say “No”. You will feel empowered and have more time for ourselves. We do need that time
- Get out and Sweat! Its good for the soul.
- Make Eating right a lifestyle not a diet
- Take a self-care trip with your partner and/or your girlfriends.
- Put selfcare time on the calendar and dont let anything /anyone keep you from that time.
- Go for walks with your pups, there is something beautiful and special about that time.
- Meditate- it will keep you grounded
I would love to share one of my favorite quotes from Marianne Williamson with all the beautiful souls reading this:
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” ~Marianne Williamson